What type of NB shoes do you wear for step and plyo???

lightening16

Cathlete
Hey

I just got new shoes (NB 1010) because the ones that I was wearing were no good for all the step and jumping that I have been doing but I really don't love them. I am dealing with a little bit of Plantar facissitis and I don't think these shoes are helping at all. I have very flat feet and there doesn't seem to be any arch support. I have worn them for two step videos and am thinking of taking them back.

Any suggestions of other NB crosstrainers that might give me more support or that you really like?
Thanks
Heather

Why are you looking for NB in particular?

I bought the Nike CTR. Love them.

Just don't wear running shoes for step!

Thanks for the suggestions guys... I needed to look at New Balance because I had already bought them and had to take them back and they were from the New Balance store - so I had to buy NB. I left with the 855's hopefully they will be better. They felt cushionier and more stable. Only time will tell.

They don't seem to carry any with springs - too bad!
Thanks
Heather

Heather I was just about to tell you that I LOVE my NB 855's. They are the ONLY shoes I reach for when I do plyos or IMAXs, etc. For running I use NB 1123s. And I also have weight lifting shoes too (I think I have more training shoes than regulars!) But I think you'll like the 855's. Good luck.

Thanks LSass

I just got the 859's and they seem to be okay so far. I also got their performance shoe insert too, so I think that will really help. I'll keep the 1123's in mind for next time if I don't like the 859's

I am really looking forward to the 855's I feel so relieved that I could take the others back.
Heather

It looks like you might have found some shoes you like but if for some reason you don't like what you got, I have been using the New Balance 602's for step and plyometric type workouts. These are quite possibly the best shoes I've ever had for high impact workouts and I've tried a ton of different shoes. You name the brand, I've probably tried it. The arch support for the 602's is good which is important for me as I have high arches and the cushioning is really great. I also have had trouble with my foot sliding in my workout shoes. These keep my foot stable for lateral moves with no slipping. The newer version of these is the 622.

Regardless, I hope you find some shoes that feel good!

Joyce

Thanks for the suggestions guys... I needed to look at New Balance because I had already bought them and had to take them back and they were from the New Balance store - so I had to buy NB. I left with the 855's hopefully they will be better. They felt cushionier and more stable. Only time will tell.

They don't seem to carry any with springs - too bad!
Thanks
Heather

I wear NB 610 for my Step and Plyo classes...... LOVE THEM!! My 48 year old knees and hips need the instep and lateral support thses shoes provide.

Brenda in Indiana

I used to wear New Balance but they didnt seem to last very long. It was like I was eating them. Then I got Sauconys and they felt great but gave me plantar faciitis.

Now I am wearing Asics running shoes and I can tell you that they are not good for step. But everyone in my gym wears running shoes for step. It is as if the forefoot is too wobbly to support the foot for step. Studio shoes are much better.

However, if I wear studio shoes I feel like I am wearing something out of style. No one wears them anymore. I think they are cuter and look better than the running shoes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.