What treadmill do you have?

Erica_L

Which one do you have and which one would you buy if you had $800-900 budget? I gained some pounds after having a child and want to come back after pregnancy

I purchased a Nordictrack c850i a few years ago and got it on sale at Sears. I spent less than $800 but I picked it up and put it together with my husband. I love this treadmill, it's the best one I've ever owned.

I bought it at Sears about 3 or so yrs ago and I believe it was a model from the previous year that they wanted to get rid of. I did a lot of reading comments and descriptions and decided that this was the one I wanted. It took me a few days to decide. Best of luck.

I bought a NordicTrack C2150 treadmill in 2012 that I'm still using. It has a 10" display that can play the iFit Trainer video programs. I recently rejoined iFit and love these video trainer led programs, I'm doing a running one now that was filmed in Portugal and Morocco. Amazing views and the trainer is top notch and full of helpful running hints, local information, etc. They have some walking/hiking programs too as well as other running programs available.

So my suggestion would be to get either a NordicTrack or Proform with iFit capabilities. I found this one on NordicTrack's website for your target price range but the incline only goes up to 10% and the next model "up" goes to 12% but it costs a few hundred dollars more which may not be a necessity for you. HTH.

Oh, I am envious, the Peloton treadmill......I have the app and use it with my
Treadmill...I love their treadmill workouts:). And the scenic workouts too!

Oh, I am envious, the Peloton treadmill......I have the app and use it with my
Treadmill...I love their treadmill workouts:). And the scenic workouts too!
Does it work with any treadmill other then a Peloton? I'm doing their 30 day free trial because I like some of their workouts and I control the treadmill myself. But if I use the app, will that control my treadmill instead? Right now I'm just using the app for my firestick.

No, you have to change your treadmill speed/incline yourself, but it's no big deal
Since they usually always tell you the incline and give you a speed or speed range.
I use the app more with my treadmill than I do my bike. I have also done some
Of the strength workouts too.

I just joined and did 1 treadmill and 1 stretch workout. I'm looking into some of the yoga, strength, and cardio ones. I like it so far. I've been looking for more workouts on my treadmill because sometimes the same ones get boring and I don't care for iFit. I like the fact that this is on the Firestick since I have 2 smaller tv's in my workout room, 1 in front of my treadmill and the other on the other wall for Cathe stuff. Thanks for this info.

I know, it's addicting :)..I did a warmup walk, did some other stuff, then came back
And did a cool down bike ride. Try the Bootcamp workouts too...if you have room
To do off the treadmill weights, etc...the 20 min. Ones are on the treadmill for abt.
Half and then off for weights etc for the remainder. On the longer ones, you are
On the treadmill, off, back on and finish on the floor..they're fun...

I use the peloton app with my treadmill also. Love the different walks. I do runs but bring them down to my level of walking. I am not a runner, so I go at my own speed. I can jog/run for a short time. I am impressed with the instructors that can run, do incline and still talk.

I am not a runner either, but I do the run classes also and just walk,,,,I try just to
Start at my good pace and then when they say take your speed up by .1, etc.,
Then I do that but I am still at my own walking pace and getting a good workout...
I like the ways they change things up...nothing seems to ever be the same :)

I agree. The app is so good and I think reasonably priced compared to buying the equipment and then having to pay $40/month. Ouch, I am not one that is motivated by being on a leaderboard or metrics. I like to do my own thing and keep track of what I do. I know I have gotten faster with the app and if the intervals are short I can pick it up to a jog/run for like the 30 seconds or whatever it may be. I do have to be careful with incline as if I am going to fast at a high incline I tend to get soreness in my groin/hamstring area on my right side. So if inclines are included I will do half of what they say or just go to where I can. This is why I really like the app, I can do what I can do and not feel like I have to go as fast or as high of an incline as they say. I also like that several of the instructors will say if you have to walk that is OK, do what is good for you.

I've tried one of the hikes and I really liked it. I too like how the instructors don't order you around. One of the ones I did, he even said if you can handle the incline try but first reduce your speed to make sure. I really like that. I too like to adjust to what my body is telling me. I do like to push it sometimes but definitely not all the time. I like this for a change. I think I will keep it, but since I'm only on day 2 of my 30 day free trail, I still have time to decide. Thanks for all the info and motivation on this.

Just did some yoga for hips and legs. WOW!!! It felt great esp. after the hike I did earlier. Loving this so far, just may have to keep it along with Cathe. Best of both worlds.

I have wanted a treadmill for quite some time. Getting close to pulling the trigger but I don't want to lose focus of Cathe (and spend on a piece of equipment that I wont use after X months/years). How do each of you structure your "weeks" with a treadmill? Do you use them a few times a week for cardio and then use Cathe for strenght? Several of Cathe's videos definitely have a cardio effect for me. Thoughts?

I have really gotten a lot more use out of the treadmill since I got the Peloton app. Not saying I didn't use it before as I have DVDs I can use with it. there have been times over the last 15 years that the treadmill has sat with no use but I seem to go back to it.

Right now my rotation is somewhat like this:
Boxing, weights
Heavy Bag boxing
Weights
Heavy Bag boxing
boxing, weights
Treadmill a lot more on the weekends.

If I have 10-15 minutes after my workout session I will jump on it and walk, do my own thing. I also get on it after work. My goal is getting 10,000 steps in a day, which I have started back to doing since Thanksgiving.

So now the treadmill gets used almost everyday, even if only for 10 minutes.

I do the same thing with mine. I'm trying to use it for just regular walking but I stick with Cathe for other cardio and all my strength. Like today I did Cathe's live upper body only, so later, I'll use my treadmill a go for a walk then do some stretching after. That's where the peloton app works for me. A different walk and stretch each time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.