What to wear to work out on the RT?

susanzabo

Cathlete
Hi -

What's good workout attire on these road trips? At home, I work out in a bra top and shorts. Will I be out of place? Are most people throwing on a tank over their sports top?

If yes to the tank.. any advice on what kind? Or do I just pick up some cheap things at Target for that?

Susan

If you're comfy in bra top and shorts it's fine. There's a good mix of people wearing both. ;)

If you want to wear a tank, then whatever cute one you find should be good (although a good moisture-wicking top wouldn't be bad either, considering how much you sweat, lol)..I wore workout pants from Target, if that makes you feel any better, :D .

Oh, one more thing about deciding whether or not to wear a bra top...there are cameras everywhere, and all pics will eventually end up on the website (or flickr or facebook). Soooo don't wear nothin that you don't want the world to see, lol....

There is usually a variety of workout clothes. T-Shirts and shorts, tanks and capris, yoga type pants, sports bras, Cathlete shirts, anything you are comfortable in. Kiki had good advice about the cameras. Photos end up on Flickr Facebook, etc. Some have even been in the Cathe Calendar. Some people use the road trip as an excuse to go out and buy new clothes but don't feel you have to go out and spend unnecessarily. One year I found $3.00 tanks at Walmart in different shades. So don't feel like you have to go to an extra extra expense.

Jean

I'm not sure if everyone will agree with me, but I found just one outfit was fine for me for the entire Sat. as they dry between workouts. I guess it depends how much you sweat. A sweater to pull on afterwards is always good.

Take extra socks though just in case. You don't want to get blisters from wet socks!

I've been to 2 Glassboro (sp?) trips so I've learned to minimize since you have to take your whole day's work of clothes to the gym (except for dinner/evening wear). Since we're staying right on site I presume it's easier to get cleaned up going back to the hotel room.

Thanks everyone. I thought I would be fine in the sports bras until you talked about pictures on Facebook or the calendar! Cheap tanks here I come. No need to be memorized with my midriff showing for all to see :)

Susan

Wow, a picture of me sweating through a workout, showing up on facebook or some other site. That's a scary thought.

LOL Cal. That is a scary thought for me too.

I do plan to clean up a little and change in between workouts, for sure. That is one reason I'm spending money on the hotel even though I only live about 25 minutes away. I don't know about you all, but I SWEAT and STINK after a Cathe workout! LOL

Wow. that info is good to know for NJ RT...

The first couple of classes @ Disney, we were all dying because there was like NO AC in the ballroom the hotel gave us. I was seriously DRIPPING within the first 3-5 minutes, and I'd left my towel in my room. The workout was just starting, & I'd sweat as if we were 4 classes in, lol. During dinner the topic of how hot the room was came up, & everyone discovered that it wasn't just them. Even Cathe. She said something to whoever and got it fixed for the other classes, but it was ridiculous. I was SO grateful for having multiple outfits, and the capacity to go shower. You never know what will happen on the destination RTs because the hotel is in control. So be prepared for anything.

I was actually wondering about that very thing. At Cathe's gym you need a sweater at first while waiting for classes to begin. I got gift cards at Xmas for Lululemon that I have not used. I'll be getting there before the trip

FeelFit Wear!

Hi -

What's good workout attire on these road trips? At home, I work out in a bra top and shorts. Will I be out of place? Are most people throwing on a tank over their sports top?

If yes to the tank.. any advice on what kind? Or do I just pick up some cheap things at Target for that?

Susan

Hi Susan - all great responses and I have another option to add *wink* Veronica from FeelFit Wear provides all the awesome outfits for Cathe's videos and is so sweet very responsive. Here's her website (she even has a section for Cathe Fans) so if you like a particular outfit you can locate it quickly and easily :rolleyes: Yep, you know us enablers, ha! :p Hopefully, she will be putting on her Fashion Show again - it was great! I attached a few pics ;)

Feel Fit Wear - Style for your active life!
FaceBook: FeelFitWear.com | Facebook

Bottom line - wear what you are comfortable working out and being seen in :cool:

Attachments

• RT-fashion1.jpg
    RT-fashion1.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 27
  • RT-fashion2.jpg
    RT-fashion2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 26

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.