What to get a 6 year old girl for her B-day?

My DD turned 6 in July. This year she really seemed to enjoy getting games (Clue Jr., Scrabble Jr., etc.). Probably her favourite toy (the one she uses the most) was a Tamagachi.

She also really likes outdoor toys, like jump ropes, Skip-its, roller blades, scooters.

My brother gave her a $50 gift card to spend at a bookstore, and she was thrilled to death to have her very own "credit card."

She loves Kim Possible, and music by Hilary Duff. She spends lots of time with my MP3 player, dancing around the house.

Easy-Bake ovens are always popular (with the kids - not so much with the parents ;)

HTH,
Sandra

Yep, gift cards are great!! (Toys R Us GC is what my sister gives them for bdays & holidays!) My dd's love games- Monopoly Jr., Guess Who?, Mouse Trap, Operation, Trouble, etc. My 5 & 3yo's love Polly Pockets, My Little Ponies, Strawberry shortcake dolls, dress up clothes & shoes, and lipgloss and nailpolish, etc. My 7yo is more into computer games, Gameboy, horses, and sports stuff. I guess it would help to know if she were more of a *girly* girl or tomboy. HTH some!

Polly Pocket is a good idea :)

Also, my 6 almost 7 year old niece *loves* anything crafty. If you have a Micheal's or an AC Moore around, they have tons of craft kits for kids. My niece loved the "make your own
fairy" kit.

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

My daughter just turned 7. She was thrilled over all of her presents. Very popular was crafts and ello. Ello allows you to build fantastic structures, take them apart and build something new. The shapes are quite unusual and lets kids use their imagination.

how about Dotti Love from Target? that would be my #1 choice for girls her age.it includes lipstick,gloss,jewelry,stationary,and many other things.
at Target for 10 bucks cute stuffed animal frogs that sing and dance to popular songs.
or stickers
art-drawing and painting
i bought the book Where the Sidewalk Ends for my neice

laura

If you have a Build a Bear near you they are great. The kids make and dress thier own animal and then get a certificate for them.
Gift cards are always great.

Jenn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.