What to do next

Veronica28

Hi everyone. I was trying to do 80 Day Obsession by Beachbody for the 2nd time, but it gives me severe hip / glute problems. This is a program that works your glutes to the extreme. I have had to go to Physical Therapy and get cortisone shorts in both glutes / hips.

I just don't know if the risk of continuing to hurt myself is worth it when I have so many of Cathe's DVDs. If you have any knowledge of Beachbody or Jillian Michaels, I have done Chalean Extreme, Turbo Fire, Hammer and Chisel, Body Revolution, LIIFT4, BodyBeast. Just to give you an idea of what I like to do and my level.

I just don't know which one to do! Any help from you is greatly appreciated.

I have ICE, LITE, XTRain, Ripped with HIIT, STS. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated. I am also up for a rotation. I want to work on lean muscle tone.

How a bout giving those glutes and hips a rest? Sounds like they need it! Concentrate more on your upper body and abs but listen to your body and don't over train. Good luck!

Building muscle requires consistently lifting in a progressive manner (adding weight and/or reps over time) AND eating to gain muscle. You'll need to find a program - or modify a program - that works with your glutei/hips.

How a bout giving those glutes and hips a rest? Sounds like they need it! Concentrate more on your upper body and abs but listen to your body and don't over train. Good luck!

Thank you - - I agree. I believe that is what this program does is over train those areas. Unfortunately, my glutes / hips don't like that. Thank you again!

Building muscle requires consistently lifting in a progressive manner (adding weight and/or reps over time) AND eating to gain muscle. You'll need to find a program - or modify a program - that works with your glutei/hips.

Thank you - - I agree. I believe that is what this program does not agree with my glutes / hips. The draw to this program was that I saw so many great "after" pictures. I haven't seen as many for Cathe's workouts, but she delivers a punch with all of her workouts so I have faith that if eating the right foods to gain muscle, I will see equal if not better results. Do you follow a certain meal plan or what type of "eating" do you follow to gain muscle? I appreciate your response.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.