What Time Of Day Do You Like To Start Your Workout?

forum_admin

Administrator
Staff member
shutterstock_209969863.gif
Are you a morning, afternoon or evening exerciser? We would like to know when the majority of you start your workout. Take our poll and let's see when most Cathletes work out. | Vote Now |

What time do I "like" to start my workout or what time "do" I start my workout?!?

I always find this interesting for me - I workout so much better if I can do workouts around noon (I have the energy, desire, lucidness, etc.) That is the timeframe I exercised all through school since my schedule allowed it. (Although thinking back, I don't think I actually woke up until 11:59am - haha)

My second preference is in the evening, around 5-6pm. I find I still have energy, a little less desire, lucidness, and I sleep much better). However, I can only do that if I am the only one at home - otherwise I get intruders bugging me or ringing the bell, or phone calls, or chores, or errands, or dinner, etc. I find that although I really want to exercise at the end of the day, there are just too many instances where I don't get to it. I also found that when I had a bad or frustrating day, I was more likely to blow off my workout. And the bad/frustrating days kept happening more and more.

My last preference, is in the morning. However, this is when I exercise. I start between 5am-6am. It is like clockwork for me now and isn't a big deal. The house, phone and doorbell are quiet and I am usually done, sauna'd, showered and fed before any of those distractions start. I also feel accomplished to have finished all of that while others still haven't gotten their day started.

I think when I retire, I am going to shift my workouts back to midday. In the meantime, I workout early and have just lately been incorporating a mini workout before bed since it seems to help me sleep better (10 min yoga, 100 rep challenge, PiYo, stretch, rebound, etc.)

I agree with Gobias that I always have more in the tank if I can workout around noon or after. After fasting for 8 hours the last thing my body wants to do is hiit it hard..HOWEVER with life in the way I make time to do it during the week at 6am[emoji30] I manage a great w/o after a cup of caffeine and a banana!! Weekends I always look forward to a pm w/o though!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the weekends I workout in the mornings which I prefer. During the week, I work out in the evenings after 6pm. If I wanted to workout in the mornings during the week I would have to get up at 3:00 am and I'm not doing that!

Very interesting to read what works for everyone.

I work out twice a day, 9am and 5:45pm. I am doing bootcamp at a local gym, so those are the times they hold class. There is also a 6am class that I attend if for some reason I am unable to go to 9am. I find that at 6am it's harder to get my heart rate up. It's like my body is still in sleep mode. I get a lot more out of the 9am class. I don't find much difference between the 5:45pm and 9am.

If I have to go to work it's 5:30 AM. If I'm not working it's later in the morning. If I'm really anxious or stressed I'll add an evening session.

I'm an evening person. I work night shifts, and usually don't go to bed before 1am even on my nights off. So working out at 7-8pm is still pretty early.

I'm up early, so mine are between 4:30-5:00 a.m. I have to be at work by 7:00 a.m. and I do like that I don't have to worry about getting it done later if I'm too tired or have things to do after work.

I prefer to workout in the afternoon, but I don't digest :(my food very well anymore, so I must workout first thing in the morning so that I don't :eek:puke.

On the weekdays, I start my exercise between 7:15 and 7:30 (after my husband leaves to take the boys to school). I work from home, so this allows me to get to work between 8:30 and 8:45. On the weekends, I try to get my workouts in early morning, before the family gets up, so aim for about a 6:30 a.m. start.

Usually between 7:30 and 8:00 am and getting done around 9:00. It depends on how many workouts
I try to fit in. ;)

Last edited:
I wish I had a regular exercise time, but things get in the way of that. Since I'm an insomniac and my husband works nights, I do some very late night workouts, figuring I'm going to be too tired the next day. My ideal workout times are morning cardio and afternoon resistance workouts, but that doesn't happen all that much.

For high impact aerobics 7 a.m (out of consideration for my downstairs neighbors) Otherwise 6 a.m. 6 days a week.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.