What Should I Wear?

fawn001

I am going to three parties this holiday and would like some ideas on what you would wear:

1) Friday night office party at my boss' house. Time is 7:00pm. Party will be casual.

2) Aerobic friends party at the instructor's house on Sunday at 6:00pm. Party will be casual. Most of these people have never seen me in street clothes and I want to look fabulous.

3) Friend's holiday party at her house on Saturday at 7:00pm for cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. Not sure if it will be casual or not.

I was thinking of a grey tunic sweater with a cowl neck and long sleeves, a pair of black leggings with three little gold buttons at the ankle, and a pair of black, pointy toe, mid heal pumps. But I dont know which party I could wear to, or at all. Help!! I have other stuff I could wear if not this. Jeans to the aerobics party?

I am 5'11 and weigh about 165. I have long, blonde curly hair with blue eyes. Very pale and very feminine. About 40 years old. Small busted with larger hips, classic pear shape. (No typo, I am really that tall).

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you should wear, but if you live in Colorado we could share clothes! I'm 41, long blonde - straight - hair, 5'11", 165, small chested, any weight I want to lose is on the bottom.

If the aerobics party is casual, you could wear the jeans with the pumps to dress them up a little and wear a hot-looking top.

For the friends holiday party, I'd err on the side of less-casual - always better to be overdressed than underdressed.

Have a great time!

Here's my $.02~

boss' party - depending on how youthful, hip your offce is, the outfit you mentioned would be cute, dress it up w/some nice jewelry. OR instead of leggings, maybe some skinny black jeans/pants - imho more age appropriate/ conservative

aerobics friend's party: your sexiest dark jeans with a cute sparkly, kinda festive tank to show off arms (not too tight though) and high heeled pointy boots

cocktail party, i'd definitely dress up more: this is what I wore to one last night & it was perfect: black sleeveless sheath dress w/ low scoopneck, skinny sparkly black belt, black tights and dressy tall boots (abt 3" heel, but I'm only 5' 1") and a fun, jeweled 3 strand necklace I got from Target - got so many compliments on dress, boots and neckalce!

Good luck & just have fun!

BTW: I'm 44 and contstantly struggle with trying to look youthful & current, but not like "an old lady trying to look young" -

For our office party, we go straight from work to the party and just wear our work clothes, if that helps any.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.