What pneumonia does to you

CDPotier

Cathlete
I was in the hospital for two weeks with pneumonia, and I do not even know how I got it.
I did the easiest step workout I have, LoMax, and I only did half of it, and I had to stop and rest in the middle. This is my fifth day home from the hospital, and I am still weak. Thank you for reading.

I am going to do my legs now.

When I do my arms, I can't even do the weights I used to do.

Hi Caitlin,
I'm very sorry you've been dealing with pneumonia! In my opinion I think you are trying to do too much so soon after coming home from the hospital! Your body needs more time to heal & if you overdo you could wind up back in the hospital! Please take care of yourself!
Cathy

It was a short workout

I rested in the middle for half an hour, and I am back resting and reading now. I want to unload The Firm workouts on Ebay, and I am finding them so lame. I only like Cathe and Christi Taylor. Kickboxing and arms will be tomorrow, and it will be an easy kickboxing such as the cardio portion of Kick, Punch and Crunch. I will also do my arms, and I hope they are getting stronger. I am not doing Cathe's MMA Kickbox or the harder one.

What did your doctor say about exercising? Did you do any rehab after being in the hospital so long? Sure hope you recover and are back to your old self soon. Good luck!

Yes, illness can definitely take it's toll on our bodies. Don't push to hard because you are still in a recovery phase. Listen to your body and do what you can. Over time you should gain your strength and endurance. Your body has been working over time trying to fight the pneumonia. It currently doesn't have a lot of reserves, so go slow. Wishing you the best in your recovery.

Jean

I only did 35 minutes

Sometimes I can't find my DVD's because I am absent-minded. I think I may even have ADD.
I could not find Kick Punch and Crunch, so I did 35 minutes of MMA Boxing. The cardio portion was only 35 minutes, and I did not even jump on some of the drills. I am making sure I don't do too much.

Caitlin:
Also, talk to your doctor about getting a preumonia shot -- it is like a flu shot for pbeumonia. I had mine about 15 years ago after my bout with pneumonia and I have not had it since. And I have not even had a chest infection, something I had numerous times before the shot. My doctor says I have to go back for another shot this spring, since the effect of the shot wears off. But I highly recommend it for you.

I hope you get better soon.
-- David

CDPotier;2139841[B said:
]I was in the hospital for two weeks with pneumonia,[/B] and I do not even know how I got it.
I did the easiest step workout I have, LoMax, and I only did half of it, and I had to stop and rest in the middle. This is my fifth day home from the hospital, and I am still weak. Thank you for reading.

I am going to do my legs now.

When I do my arms, I can't even do the weights I used to do.

Ummm, you should not be doing Cathe workouts now. Period. It takes 3-4 weeks. to fully recover from non-hospitalization pneumonia, let alone after a 2 week stay in a hospital. Your LUNGS are still recovering from the fluid & bacterial build up and you cannot stress them w/ exercise. Your immune system is still working overtime and can't spare the effort to deal w/ exercise.

Pneumonia relapse is actually more deadly than the first time occurrence. I think you are truly risking your health and long term well being by trying to workout too soon.

Please, go nap. Take short walks. Stretch. Let your body heal & you'll be back to your old fitness levels much faster than if you push yourself too hard too quickly.

Joan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.