What nutrition database/calorie counter do you use?

nclncl

Cathlete
I have used Fitday for years and hate to switch as I've got a lot of custom food entered into their database, but it seems more and more lately I can't get on or they are experiencing "internal server errors." What databases does everyone use? I especially like that I can add custom foods if they are not in the database with nutrition information and that I can track weight and workouts as well. Anything else like this out there?

I use spark people. I use the app on my phone and find it very easy to use. You can add your own food in and keep a list of favorites

I've just been playing with the spark people site and though it has taken me a little bit to figure out things, now that I have it looks like it might do the trick. It seems like the database for foods is quite large...I like that. And I finally found how to enter a custom food or recipe. And FREE is always good. :) I also like that there is an iPhone app. I am going to try it out for a few days...any other ones that folks like?

I'm using Myfitnesspal.com. There are quite a few cathletes on there supporting each other. Do a search on here of MFP and you will find a thread with everybody's user names. Hope you find what you are looking for!

I use spark people, too and love it. I've been a member for just over 4 years and have made some really good friends there. I find it to be an incredibly supportive site, too.

Thanks, guys. I will check out My Fitness Pal, too! I had started looking at that one online as well. Would love to hear about others.

I'm on myfitnesspal too, she's right, lots of Cathletes over there, it's fun stuff. I adore the app. I was a former fit day user for years, also & actually found the myfitnesspal app when searching for the fit day one. I never logged into fit day again. MFP is SO much easier, and so many more foods to choose from!

There's a thread on here with all the Cathletes names on MFP.
http://cathe.com/forum/f107/any-myfitnesspal-users-284847/

Online/App Fitness/Nutrition Tracking

I'm just chiming in to say that I also use MFP when I want to track calories and I think it is a great tool. The app is available for all mobile devices and syncs promptly w/your online acct. I really love the UPC bar code scan feature in the app! :cool:

Another MFP user here and I also love it. Yes, you can put in custom foods and create your own recipes and even meals. It's so much more user friendly to me than Fit Day was. Join the Cathletes over there!

I find that MFP actually has many of the recipes on it already. I just type in the source of the recipe (like allrecipes.com, clean eating, taste of home or whatever), and the name of the recipe. Most are already in the database from other users.. ;)

I also use MFP and love it!!! I could never stick to counting calories before finding that site. I've been on for about two months now. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.