What Multivitamin do you take, and why?

RhiannonW

Cathlete
Can you all share what Multivitamin you take and why you take that one as opposed to any others? Have you tried others? I know supplements are needed for some people based on idividual needs, but are they all equally good as long as they have 100% RDA?
Does anyone know what multivitamin Cathe takes?

Thanks everyone.

I take Centrum Performance vitamins because they are affordable and contain everything I need with a little extra for the active lifestyle. I have sampled quite a few although I am at a loss for their names right now. I will post again if I think of them but some were from GNC and another was mail order and you had to take them four times a day. Others were timed release and others contained green tea. I decided many were too expensive and perhaps more gimicky than what I really needed. Also, as far as the green tea goes, I think these were good but you are not supposed to mix caffeine drinks with these supplements. Therefore, I decided I would rather drink my green tea for antioxidant benefits. Would love to hear others responses . . .
Kathryn

I take a no-name multivitamin from my grocery store coupled with an extra 500mgs of vitamin C. The extra C is to help keep me from getting sick and it's working WONDERS! The no name vitamin is fine for me...I don't know that taking a pricier vitamin would do anything more for me so I hesitate to try it...

JMO!:)

I take One-A-Day Maximum. It is affordable and right at my local drugstore or grocery store. It says it is supposed to be for someone that does a lot of strenuous activity and I would call Cathe's workouts more than strenuous!!! I'm not all into buying all that expensive stuff when this has enough of what I need and my doctor has never said anything negative about me taking this one.

Toni

I don't like to take multivitamins. I know I need extra calcium and magnesium and sometimes C, E and zinc, and various other things at various other times, but multivitamins are overkill for someone who eats right. For example, they all have Vitamin A, and I know that I already get tons of Vitamin A. Also, they tend to contain a poorly digested form of calcium. I'd rather pick and choose my supplements as needed.
-Nancy

Vitalert - it's supposed to be an energizing formula, and it works for me. It's rather hard to find, however - you can order them online or get them at BJ's wholesale clubs. I've been taking them for several years, and have found nothing better.
Just Do It! :)

I take Rainbow Light's Women's One formula. I like Rainbow Light vitamins because they are food-based and don't contain additives/fillers, etc. I don't take them everyday as I agree with Nancy that you can get most of the nutrients contained in multis from eating a well-rounded diet. But I will supplement when my energy feels low or if I know I'm not eating enough of something for whatever reason, or if I'm entering a stressful time. Even then, it's not everyday, usually just taken 2-3 times a week, if I remember.

I take the regular Women's One-A-Day. I have tried others but find that this one agrees with my body and gives me what I need at a decent price.

I have a morning smoothie with Vegan Complete meal replacement in it. It contains vitamins and minerals and digestive enzymes. If I'm out of Vegan Complete, I make a different kind of smoothie, and add the innards of a supplement capsule by the same company to it.

I also supplement with some individual vitamins as I feel the need: B12, D, calcium.

My naturopath has put me on Genestra Liquid multivitamin and Genestra digestive enzymes and she
gave me a B12 shot. She said if it helps I can get one monthly.

Sham

I take the regular One A Day. It's affordable, and I only have to take just one pill a day. I'm TERRIBLE at taking pills! Plus, the pills aren't to big, so they are easier for me to swallow!!:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.