What Motivates You?

skl

Sometimes it is hard to stay motivated to keep exercising. I think everyone experiences slumps. I am putting a list together for myself of the reasons to keep on going and never stop. I thought I would pick your brains as well and use this as a way to express our own motivation.

So, what keeps you going? What are your reasons for working out?

One of mine is I feel it keeps my body in balance and keeps me from having migraines. (Believe me, I would do just about anything for that!)
Thanks for your input!!

what motivates you

1) I like fitting into all my clothes all the time
2) I like to eat a LOT
happy.gif

3) I like to look younger than my years
4) I like to be healthy
5) I have created a habit of exercising. I can't imaging NOT exercising!
6) I like a challenge. To me, lifing weights is a challenge. I like to lift heavier & heavier weights.
7) I like having muscles
8) I like wearing a smaller size than I ever have in my life.
happy.gif

I like to walk, and what keeps me interested is my music...I play fun tapes ( from Sports Music) which come in fast tempos.

Exercise is the fountain of youth, no kidding!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Me Too, plus some more

Those are great reasons. You posted alot of mine. Especially "I like having muscle"
Here are some more:

1. Promotes creativity
2. Gives Great energy
3. Strengthens Heart & Prevents Disease
4. Helps with PMS symptoms

The pay-off is great for the small investment of time.

Ditto, plus...

the feeling of accomplishment that results in self-confidence, physically and psychologically, is invaluable. I'm stronger and more cardiovascularly capable than I've ever been in my life--which is really an accomplishment for me as an asthmatic who's had to struggle with aerobic activities since childhood--even playing tag was almost always out of the question!
Now my condition is MUCH more manageable, and my pursuit of physical fitness has opened doors to a world that I hardly ever considered exploring. It's more feasable to me now to do something like run a marathon or do a triathlon someday, and it's a great feeling.
Like honeybunch mentioned, it's a habit now. I've had to lay off for several days due to a minor knee injury, and I hardly know what to do with myself!
Plus the compliments from friends and family don't hurt, and it's nice to be able to add that extra scoop of ice cream on my cone without feeling guilty!

best motivation of all.....

My mother and sister both died of breast cancer early. They were both overweight and non-exercisers. Information was just beginning to come out in the late 70's about the connection between cancer and exercise. I was fat, too, and wanted to look good, but wanted to live mostly. That inspired me to try Jazzercize when it first came out and I am cancer free still at 48. That's not the only reason, I'm sure, and I still watch--but why not give yourself every advantage. Give those cells something better to do than go wild...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.