What Kind of Lotion Do You Use?

punka274

Cathlete
I've been using Jergens Ultra Healing and I love the way It just disappears into my skin(I wouldn't reccomend the store brand,not the same).I also love it's scent! What kind of lotions do you guys use,and Why?

Amy:)

Vaseline Intensive Care Renewal ( age redefining)
Various Bath & Body works
Johnsons Baby lotion ( i like the clean fresh scent)

I love the Jason Aloe Vera hand and body lotion. It has the most dreamy scent and goes on like silk. I also love that it is 70% organic and free of some the major chemical "offenders". In fact, since I started using it I've stopped using everything else, I even walk up or down flights of stairs to get to it:)

Now that's love,
Mattea

I have very dry skin I take my shower and as soon as I towel off I slather it on everyday for the past ooohhh 20 years. I have tried every single brand out there expensive and cheap and the only thing that works for me is Vaseline Intensive Care.
beth6395

"Another one that proves equipment is not necessary to get the job done" -Cathe Friedrich

I don't use lotion very often (I always forget) but when I do, I prefer raw, cold-pressed coconut oil. It contains medium-chain triglicerides that are very similar in structure to the body's own sebum, and it has the same protective properties (anti-bacterial, anti-fungal). It's also completely non-toxic, and I could eat it if I want to. That's important, IMO, because our bodies absorb over 70% of what we put on them (which is why those different "patches"--birth control, smokiing cessation---work), and many lotions can have loads of chemicals in them.

The kind I've been using most smells WONDERFUL (just like coconut...if your coconut oil doesn't smell this good, then it's probably highly processed).

I've also used Avalon Organic's aloe-based hand and body lotion as a bed-time hand lotion.

In the winter, Neutragena sesame body oil. Love what is does and the soft scent. curel is nice, too, especially the new ones they've come out with

I order from drugstore.com and they're always throwing freebies in with my order. One day they included a tube of something called Caldrea Hand Balm. I put it on my hands and heels every night before I go to sleep and I love the lavendar pine scent and how easily it absorbs, and how soft it makes my hands.

Like beth6935, I must slather my entire body in moisturizer the minute I get out of the shower. In the winter, I use Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera skin care lotion. I discovered years ago that it's the only body lotion with aloe vera as the FIRST ingredient, and it works better than others I've tried.

In the summer, unfortunately, I have to give up my Fruit of the Earth in favor of Lubriderm because the Lubriderm has sunblock and I really need that in the summer.

Nancy

I second thumbs up for pure raw coconut oil. I love to take baths and will put a T. or more in the bath water. I come out all silky smooth. Olive oil has the same effect too. Some of the cremes on the market have some pretty harsh chemicals in them. If I can't pronounce the ingredients, they probably shouldn't be absorbing into my body.

Cheryl

Nancy,

I have the lavendar/pine needle/cedarwood scented Caldrea hand soap and lotion set in my powder room! My mother-in-law originally purchased it online for her brother and then decided to get him something else. She asked me if I wanted it since she had it in another scent already. We love it here. It's a good scent for men too.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.