What Kind of Body Scrubs Do You Use?

writeann460

I loved the body lotion thread....always looking for a good body lotions, so I figured I'd start a thread on this. I like a really granular scrub. Got2B's is good, some of Origins are okay, but looking for a really good one.

Thanks!

I actually make my own body scrub b/c I LOVE it extra gritty. I use sea salt, honey, raw sugar, and coconut or peanut oil. I love this and it is the only thing that keeps my "runner's feet" close to soft when my mileage creeps higher:7

Mattea

Cool! That sounds great. I like to make my own stuff, too, sometimes, like sachets, but never a scrub. I'm going to give it a whirl!

Thanks.

Ann,
I think you'll love it! Just be sure to use cold pressed oil---and use it sparingly, you can always smooth more on after you're done.

Mattea

It is winter and I have salt in my water from my softener so I use a sugar scrub anything from the Body Shop

beth6395

"Another one that proves equipment is not necessary to get the job done" -Cathe Friedrich

I use unscented Oil of Olay body wash, and when I want a scrub I just add a little baking soda to it. It's really cheap and works great!

Lori

Gingerbread Man from Philosophy is great in the winter...Not too harsh and smells yummy! Trader Joes has some great salt and sugar scrubs that I use in the summer....a little harsher and slightly more oily...But wonderful on summer skin>

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Brandi,
I'm such a schmuck when it comes to measuring anything (I haven't used a recipe for baking in eons), but this is about what I mix up:

2 Tbsp Honey
1 Tbsp medium ground sea salt
1 1/2 Tbsp Raw Sugar
1/2 Tbsp. desired oil (coconut, peanut, olive---depends on what I have on hand and what I want to smell like. LOL. You could also use and essential oil or some vanilla if you like.

Mattea

I use amazing grace by philosophy salt scrub it makes your skin so soft and I also use the bodywash. It makes you skin look great
Randi

I use amazing grace by philosophy salt scrub it makes your skin so soft and I also use the bodywash. It makes you skin look great
Randi

Thanks, Mattea! I was thinking it would be nice to mix in an essential oil before you posted your recipe. I'm excited to try this. Appreciate it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.