What is Your Fave? Rice, Almond, or Coconut Milk

JulesMT

Cathlete
I'm going to try to cut back on dairy to see if it helps with me fight off colds and improve my sinusitus/hayfever symptoms. I have used soy milk in the past, but with all the bad press, I want to try something else. I usually use milk in cereal and protein shakes. What do you ladies recommend?

Jules

I LOVE almond milk. I buy the unsweetened plain and it is very creamy. I use it in my protein shakes, in lieu of dairy for cooking, and just plain. I buy the Almond Breeze brand.

Another vote for almond milk. The sweetened vanilla is really yummy for the sake of saving a few cals. I usually drink the unsweetened variety.

I love almond milk. My daughter loves it too. She says it tastes like cookies. I was really impressed at the taste. Regular dairy upsets my stomach.

Another one here who loves Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Milk. I love all three kinds, plain, chocolate & vanilla . Yum

Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Milk and coconut milk.

Sometimes I mix a little of each one in my protein shake.

Last edited:
I really love So Delicious Coconut Milk on my cereal.

When I bake, I use soy milk because it curdles better with vinegar (to use as an egg replacer) than other milks.

I agree - coconut or almond milk. My only exception is my coffee - I won't drink soy so I'm still using cow's milk because it's the only one that holds up to the hot coffee and gives it the creaminess I'm looking for.

I baked some muffins with coconut milk and they turned out great. (out or Jillian Michael's new cookbook).

Another vote for Almond Breeze unsweetened almond milk. I also like SoDelicious coconut milk and recently tried Hemp milk unsweetened which was also good. I usually buy whichever one is on sale. I too used regular milk in my tea--couldn't make the switch.

I love So Delicious coconut milk in smoothies. So Delicious coconut milk creamer is wonderful in coffee and chai tea.

Where do you find coconut milk? I bought a small can of coconut milk. Does it come in quart size? How much of it do you drink? Thanks.

carmen.

Thanks everyone! I bought some of the Vanilla Almond Breeze today, but haven't given it a try just yet. The little health food store I went to didn't have the So Delicious coconut milk so I'll have to look around for it. We don't have Trader Joes here, but I think there is a larger health store in my town that I can check. It is in the refrigerator section next to soy milk, right?

Where do you find coconut milk? I bought a small can of coconut milk. Does it come in quart size? How much of it do you drink? Thanks.

carmen.

The cans of coconut milk aren't the same thing as coconut milk produced as a beverage, like So Delicious Coconut Milk. Coconut milk in cans will be much creamier (and fattier!) and is great for making curries, soups etc. but is too rich to drink straight. I find the cartons of So Delicious Coconut Milk in the refrigerated section with other non-dairy milks, packaged in regular cardboard milk cartons.

I just tried the unsweetened vanilla almond milk (thanks ladies), and I am in LOVE!! I was really apprehensive about it but it tastes sooooooooo good!!! Glad I stocked up :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.