What exercise clothes fit you best?

beehappy

Hi Everyone!

I am looking for new exercise clothes. I like the way victoria secret pants fit, but I wish they made their pants in a more spandex polyester material (to hide sweat) vs. cotton spandex material (butt sweat is never attractive :().

I have one pair of Lululemon. I really want their studio pants but not for $108. I keep hearing that their quality is going down hill so I can't see myself spending that much on a pair of exercise pants. (I would like to hear from anyone who has purchased a pair recently)

Is there a secret pair of pants out there? My dream pair of pants would hide butt sweat, last a long time, not be floods, and fit my shape comfortably.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I wear Nike capris and athleta shorts. I just stated warring feel fit wear tops from ctrain and I just love them.

I only wear long pants for warm up, outdoor cold weather powerwalks or going to and from the gym, and for this I use old Nike bootcut pants I got in the sale 8 years ago from Dunhams...... Lululemon also has quite a collection. Maybe follow Cathe's links for feelfitwear, the stuff they wore on the Xtrain workouts, see if there are any interesting long pants?

I look at the Athleta catalogue a lot though, and they have quite a collection....

I wear Nike shorts with 3" rise and long sports bra-tanks. Don't like to have my belly showing......

Clare

I was actually thinking about buying some feelfitwear....How is the quality and the fit? I liked the grey capris with the white sides that cathe has in one of her xtrain workouts. I dont see them having to pull up the pants or adjusting(i hate it when I have to keep pulling my pants up)

I also workout in shorts. I tipically will buy whatever is on sale at Target (Champion). I wait till they have shorts and tops on clearance for $3-5 and with my my 20% off I get them even for cheaper. My son works at Target plus I have the target Debit card. Can't beat that!

Feel Fit Wear Fit

I was actually thinking about buying some feelfitwear....How is the quality and the fit? I liked the grey capris with the white sides that cathe has in one of her xtrain workouts. I dont see them having to pull up the pants or adjusting(i hate it when I have to keep pulling my pants up)

I love the tops and I think the fabric is amazing and fits great. There are not super long but they cover you up. The quality is fabulous and I think it's better than some of the name brands that charge the same price.

As for the fit of the bottoms; I ordered a pair of those same shorts you mentioned and I got a size M. I wear a size 4 or 6 but I'm curvy. I had to return them they were to tight in the hips and didn't fit my small waist.
I am going to get a pair of the capris if she ever gets a color combo in that I like...I think I'll order the large just to see how they fit but I have a feeling they won't fit me right.

The **New Fit style of Feel Fit Wear is definitely more true to size based on the Capris I bought....
I ordered a Large and had to return it for a Medium (I wear size 6:D).

In their Regular Fit styles I need to wear a Large. They are compression and very comfortable; I can move and don't feel restricted in any way. I love all their capris, granted I would like a higher waist (which they did with the **New Fit)!

I love their pants, too. I have long legs so some of the pants could be an inch or so longer but they don't look like floods on me, and again the waist could be a little higher but I don't think it's a deal breaker.

The Greg exercise pants are longer and a perfect length for longer legs... they also have a little higher rise than the rest of the styles, and the compression isn't as tight... I probably could wear a Medium in them but I'm happy with them as a Large.

Tanks: The Adriana tanks do have a longer backside than their other tanks so for me it's worth it to pay the extra $10. I have to wear a Large in the tanks but my regular normal size is medium. In the **New Fit tank I had to exchange the Large for Medium (which is fine - it's no problem to return or exchange).

The sports bras run regular, true sizes.

I have not tried any shorts yet.

FFW is extremely good quality and they last. Wash with Woolite in cold and hang to dry... I've been wearing their things for over a year and since then I have not gone back to wearing my Champion or Nike brands... I just can't go back to any other material or fit.

Their stuff is pricy but not as expensive as some other brands I've seen, and I love the colors and patterns!
I hope this helps!

On the FFW sports bra's I've only tried the Pump It Sports bra and it's fine for most Cathe floor work and obviously for weight workouts...But they dont' have nearly enough support for me for high impact activities like running. I wear a 32DD so for those I have to stick with Freya (love these!).

Now you have me excited to try a pair of the Capris!

I find the fit small on the FFW clothing. I wear between a 2 and a 4 and by using the size guide I picked small for my plain capris and they constantly have to be pulled up over my belly . ( maybe it's my belly's fault ha ha) I guess I prefer a higher rise in my bottoms.

Thanks beehappy, for starting this thread, thank you Jenniferlove for all the detail you provided re FFW, and thank you to everyone else who added their thoughts on this topic.

I wear the Champion fitness clothing that is sold at Target, as others have mentioned. I am happy with the Champion workout clothing and the prices, however; I decided that perhaps it is time for me to upgrade my fitness wear, since I do workout at a gym a few times per week. I really wanted to order some FFW, but it seems they are out of stock on the items I wanted. :confused: A friend of mine had recommended Athleta brand to me a while back. I have rec'd their catalogs in the past, but always tossed them into the trash, lol. I see that they fall under the Gap umbrella. Anyway, I just ordered two pairs of kickbooty capris and a support tank. The pieces got rave reviews, so I hope my expectations for them are met. We'll see....

My number one complaint about FFW is the way they merchandise the clothing. For instance why would you have a color combo for a top but not offer that same combo in any capris or shorts? I am a product manager for a footwear company and the way you merchandise your products should be a #1 priority. I'm hoping that they figure this out soon. But I do the love fabrics and as I stated before I'm just about positive that they wont fit me right anyway.

HRCFitness, they actually do offer the same color combos in coordinating tops/bottoms but they limit which styles. I agree that's annoying... for example, I don't t really care for the peek-a-boo sweat droplet style tank but that's the color combo I needed with my capris so I just wear a sports bra under it.

Carol, let us know how the Athletica brand works! And totally hear ya on FFW -- they run out of stock so often.

I will mention this, though... when I wear FFW during spinning I sweat like crazy but I don't have to mop up the floor when I'm finished; their clothes really absorb the sweaty mess I create!

Carol - I think that you will love Athleta! I'm a big fan of their casual and workout clothes and usually stock up when they have their 20% off sales.

Thank you so much for the great feedback on Athleta! :) I am excited to receive my package! I will definitely let you know what I think. I ordered size small in the capris, and a medium in the top. Hurry up, Mr. Postman! :p

Okay you enablers. I just ordered another Athleta Glory bra (I mentioned it as a new good find in another thread), so I added some kick booty pans to my order. Thanks for the recommendation. ;-)

I've been an Athleta junkie for about 10 years. They used to be an independent company, not associated w/ Gap and I don't think the quality has gone downhill since merging. I like Lululemon too but don't get much b/c of the prices. I've never tried FFW, so need to give it a try some day.

Rec'd my Athleta pieces yesterday. LOVE! :D The Kickbooty capris fit beautifully, and I am beyond thrilled with the "skapris," the skirt/capri combo! Genius! :D DH and I are taking a 14-day trip to Italy in September, so I am in the process of building my travel wardrobe. Some of the Athleta clothing is going to be perfect for my trip. :) I bought the Bettona Classic pant, and now I want to order two skirts. :eek: Some reviewers complained of pillage on some of their pieces, so I will be looking for any signs of that. Keeping my fingers crossed that I never see any. Officially an Athleta convert now. ;)

Yay! I'm so glad that you like them! I've never had any problems with pillage on their sports, pants or tops. I hope that you have the same experience!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.