What Equipment do I need?

shobbsie

Cathlete
You all are so wonderful here and encouraged me to enter the land of Cathe:eek:
Now my next question- I have a stability ball, step, the high step should be here Tuesday and various free weights. I notice that suggested equipment in some of the DVD's is a Barbell, medicine ball, gloves (weighted for KPC and other workouts) and tubing. I haven't pre-ordered the hardcore series yet (basic step and body fusion is easy for me...) but am wondering if I should order Hardcore series to save a little money and have them when I want to bumpit up.
Geez...now I've asked two questions:+

1st question...what equipment do you all use and where did you find it.

2nd question....body blast series should be here Tuesday along with CTX series....would you reccomend going ahead and pre-ordering Hardcore just to have it to move on to.

Now I'm going to surf the web looking for adult ADD websites...my son tells me I have this all the time...I'm constantly rambling and changing directions in my topic!!

Thanks for reading this too long post!

Sharron

You will probably want a barbell and plates. I got mine from Amazon -- this is the one:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000BZF2D/sr=1-

It looks a lot like the one Cathe and crew use.

Can't speak to the medicine ball and tubing since I don't own any videos (yet -- hardcore seems to use them) that require them. I do have a medicine ball, which I bought at Sports Authority. They cost more than they should, IMO.

Hi Sharron,

I would highly recommend pre-ordering the Hardcore series for future use if you can. You KNOW you're gonna want it at some point:p so why not save a few bucks?
I got my barbell set at fitness1st.com...sorry I don't know how to do a link...and I got a lot of my equipment there. Dumbbells, med ball...tubing is cheap wherever you get it.
You could probably find a comparable barbell set locally though, so you wouldn't have to pay S&H. I believe some of the ladies got theirs at Walmart.
A lot of this stuff is not at all necessary, it's a matter of how much you want it. For instance the gloves are nice but I didn't get any until my 5th year or so of lifting weights. Another product which I love is platemates, which allows you to add to your weights in smaller increments, but I didn't get them until this past year.
I think the necessary items for Cathe's workouts are a barbell set, dumbbells, a step, a high step or something comparable, a stability ball, a mat, & apparently now some tubing.

Have fun!
Ruth:)

I have tons of equipment that I've accumulated over the years, but for basics, you can get a wonderful barbell (Troy Lite) from www.fitness1st.com . I've had 5 different barbells, and the Troy light is definitely my favorite. Love the rubber-coated plates that don't rust. Love the size (not overwhelmingly long). If you're on a budget, you can always substitute dumbbells for a barbell.

YOu don't NEED gloves, but they do help prevent calouses. An alternative (though messy) to gloves is weightlifting chalk (magnesium carbonate, I think). You can get it cheaply at stores that sell weight training supplies. If you go the glove route, you can find some serviceable ones at Walmart.

Some sites for equipment:
www.fitnesswholesale.com
www.fitness1st.com
www.power-systems.com

sorry I don't know how to do a link...

Just type in the full URL (from the "www" on) and make sure not to put any punctuation right after it. Like this: www.fitness1st.com , NOT like this: www.fitness1st.com. (the first should take you to a site. The second won't, because the . will be read as part of the address and make it incorrect).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.