What DVD(s) should I order along with pre-order?

Hi all:

I'm planning to preorder the new DVDs, and I'd like to take advantage of the free shipping and get one or two others as well. I've been spending time looking at the clips on the site and I am still undecided.

I'm restarting now after being away for about 2 months. When I stopped, I was about intermediate in terms of cardio intensity and beginner in terms of strength. I did some strength work along the lines of KS Secrets, Shaping with Weights for Dummies, the FIRM SBS, and Start It Up, but I didn't get into a real consistent pattern with it and would like to develop a good strength program.

For stepping, I'm a novice with videos, but I took some classes at my gym and found the KS Step and Reebok Step repetitive. (I do have Keli Roberts Ultimate Step and Kari Anderson's Fitness Formula and plan to use them before tackling Cathe). I'm also just starting to do some kickboxing.

I'd like to pick something that gives me a good feel for Cathe's workouts. I'd prefer something with good music (vocal music, I like to sing along!) and probably on the newer side. I'd like it to be something I can enjoy even if I have to modify some of the higher impact moves (I have a twingy knee that improves significantly when my leg muscles strenghten).

Thanks!
-Nicole

Hi Nicole! Welcome to the forum! From what you've said it sounds like Cardio and Weights would be a good start. It's not as tough as some of her other workouts, and Firmies have commented that it's similiar to a Firm workout. I have the DVD which comes with IMAX 2. Both these workouts are great because the step portion is repeated several times, which allows for a learning curve.

BTW, I just noticed you started kickboxing. I have to suggest Kick Punch and Crunch. Of the 3 kickboxing workouts she's released this is my favorite. It's not a space hog, and doesn't have a lot of hi-lo. Another good DVD to add to your collection!

Nicole:

I would suggest Cathe's Cardio Hits, as a kind of starter pack for Cathe stepping, and her Pure Strength Series as a great introduction to gym style weight training that you can grow with.

After you have mastered these two, the Cathe world is your oyster!

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.