what does 'LOL' stand for?

E

emma

I have figured out all of the other abbreviations, but not this one! Help!

Emma

'Laughing Out Loud'

I needed help with that one also, and still don't know them all.

I think so...

...but,as I've said, I'm no expert. Here's another one I just learned this week 'nfm' means 'no further message.' But, now I have another one 'ROFL' - any ideas on that one?

Joanna

P.S. Emma - I have an Emma (my middle child) - I've always loved that name!

No clue on 'ROFL'

There needs to be a dictionary! By the way, thanks, I like my name more now then when I was younger. It seemed too old fashioned but now I find it very pretty.

Emma

ROFL

I believe that means "rolling on the floor laughing"
happy.gif
!

You're amazing...

...and 'all' knowing!!
happy.gif
Thanks for helping us out with these'trivials', given all the other things you are doing. The fact that you are so approachable and friendly is very appealing to me, and probably others.

Have a great day and give that growing boy a squeeze (my only boy is now 19 - the years go fast!).

Joanna

A few others you'll see a lot

BTW = by the way
FWIW = for what it's worth
IMO (IMHO) = in my opinion (in my humble opinion)
ROFLMAO = rolling on floor laughing my "bleep" off
happy.gif

don't forget GMTA!

Great minds think alike!

(happens a lot on this forum!)

OH, and YMMV, your mileage may vary, a disclaimer people use a lot.

My big yucky secret...

.....about the name "Emma." My family's nickname for me is "Emy," and I HATE it!!!!!
sad.gif
That's a cow name. Sort of like Bessy or Bossie.

Ahhh....

...what a sad story. Our Emma has many nicknames: E.J.(for Emma Jane); E package (courtesy her Dad); or simply just E (also from Dad). The reason I called her that is that I knew the sweetest little girl when I was a teenager who had red hair and was 'Emma.' Mine was born and I thought she had something on her head and the nurse said "No, that is NOT betadine on her head, she has red hair!"
wink.gif

So, be proud of Emy, I know some beautiful people with versions of that name, none of whom resemble cows!!!

Joanna

Smilies Help

I'm a TCA (technology challenged adult) and hate like heck to have to admit this to all of you, but I still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong that my smilies won't appear. A smile is a colon then a closed parentheses with no space in between, right?
Does it matter if you have a character in the space before the colon or after the paren? :(

Could someone have pity on me?

Janet

on Cathe's forum you must have a nose

Janet, 99% of the time you would be right that colon and closed parentheses = a smilie. But here on Cathe's forum, you MUST have a nose or you CANNOT SMILE!! (or frown, for that matter). With this software a smilie is

colon dash close parentheses, like this : - ) only without the spaces between.

Don't feel bad, I was so used to colon close parentheses for a smilie that it took me quite some time to figure out the necessity of a nose.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.