What does everyone do for work?

I'm an adminstrative assistant at a local school district. I work for the Director of Student Support Services (aka Special Education).

I'm also a licensed cosmotologist although I don't practice it.

I am currently a home maker with 2 great kids, hyper yellow labrador puppy and handsome hubby. However just last week I applied for a job at my daughters elementary school as a Teachers Assistant. I know the pay won't be great but it gets me out of the house and my hours would only be 8am-1pm so I'd be home when they get home, have my summers and vacations off when they are off. My son will be in all day Kindergarten next year. Plus I want to work with kids so much!! I'm praying every waking hour that I'll get it!:D Susan

I am an operations manager for a company called Pass Perfect. It's owned by my parents and I office out of my house, where I raise my son, my dog and my kitten as well.

Kathy

i am a stay at home mama to two adorable min. schnauzers and my dh. i spend most days cleaning something or shopping or cooking. and then cathe of course. lately i spend alot of time on the computer since i found this forum. i did just get a BA in CJ/soc. of law and MA criminology last year.

we are a diversified bunch! great to read these! good post

jes:D

I am a registered dental hygienist like Wendy, and I love it too!

Especially now that my employer has sold the practice to a new young dentist who wants to start our day 1/2 hour later and (whoo-hoo) have a half hour longer lunch and (whoo-hoo!) leave at the same time (5:00)!

I don't care if we make less money. That's half an hour longer with Cathe in the mornings!

Susan, I hope you get that job!! I have thought of the same thing. I am an RN, currently a homemaker, staying home with my boys until they go to school. I know the pay isn't great, but like you said, you never have to work a holiday and you can be with your children.

The benefits can't be beat though!! That is reason enough to be a teachers assistant IMO.

My dh says I never have to go back to work, but I think I will be bored to tears when the boys aren't here during the day, and besides I like to shop too much.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.
:) :) Lori:) :)

Wow! Sounds like we all have fun jobs. I'm an Account Coordinator at an Advertising agency - BBDO Detroit. We do all the advertising for Daimler Chrysler (including Jeep & Dodge). :)

Like Nancy324, I also have a career as a coffee drinker (also diet cherry coke). Good one, Nancy324!

Now, to pay for all that caffeine, I'm a photo database archivist/librarian for my hometown newspaper (Houston Chronicle). Such a cool job - I get to look at color pictures all day long! Whatever happens in the world, I see the pictures in about 5 minutes.

Thank you Lori, they should start calling for interviews sometime next week. They applications had to be in by today!:) Susan

Paralegal with a county authority; I work with and for teams of prosecutors who charge and prosecute domestic violence crimes (misdemeanors, gross misdemeanors and felonies). I do a great deal of police report review, criminal conviction history research, case investigation and preparation, probable cause memo and charging document writing, complaint filing, and sometimes testify in criminal court hearings.

I have a very part-time (2 classes per week) schedule as an aquatic group fitness instructor. That's kind of like getting paid to eat chocolate fudge brownies, it's so much fun.

Love both my jobs, which provide good balance for each other.

A-Jock

:D First of all, may I start by saying, stay-at-home Mom's have the toughest and luckiest jobs of all. It's such a luxury to be able to be with your kids 24/7. They will thrive - you will benefit. I was lucky enough be be able to stay home until my son was in the second grade. Then I took a part time job in the morning.

After he was in high school, I went back to career searching. I worked for Pac Bell before I was married. I worked in the judicial system for over 8.5 years as a judicial assistant and courtroom clerk. It got to be too much for me. My personal observation was the system was too hosed up for me. I was placed in the Juvenile courtroom...too many little kids being put a risk by their own parents. That was it - I returned to Communications.

I am now two years away from retirement - I have loved "communicating" within county government and I will miss it very much. I am a Telecommunications Analyst - I teach voice mail to groups of people, manage a database of 1000 cellular phones and am in the accounting side of the house as well.

And you?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.