What do you do when you miss a workout?

allison013

Cathlete
If you have a planned rotation, do you do the missed workout the next day or do you continue on and ignore that workout.? I'm curious since I got home late tonight and was both tired and starving. Curious how other people handle it.

Allison

It depends on the rotation and the workout. If it's a major one and I really need to do it, I'll do it the next day. If it's more steady rate or a lighter workout, I'll skip it.

i'll just fit it in somewhere else and tweek the rotation to fit it in without changing to much in the rotation

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

I either skip it or I just do it the next day and get done with my rotation a day later. I'm finding that those unexpected rest days are needed and I'm learning to enjoy the breaks from my regular workout routine. It used to stress me out, but no more.
Angela:7

I normally cry. Just kidding. ;) I try to combine it into the next day, if I can't I skip it.
Which rotation are you doing Allison?

**Melanie**
32.5lbs lost 0.5lbs to go

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94
" Take care of your body like it will last a lifetime. Take care of your soul like it will last for eternity"

Quite often I just skip it. I don't feel too bad because I rarely take a day off and I have found that you really need to. I think I was overtraining there for a while because I got to where I could not complete some of the workouts that I had been completing and I also had never made it all the way through Imax 2 and just yesterday I did! I think it was due to an unexpected day off. I did better today with cardio and weights too. I didn't finish it, but that was because I started it too late and my kids got home from school and my DH got home from work and they kept distracting me.:( But that is okay I made it through all 4 cardios so I was almost done.

Hi Mel,

Sorry it took me so long to respond. It's been crazy wrapping up high school gymnastics season. I'm trying Cathe's January rotation. It was going great, but with senior week, division championship and now states coming up...well, I'm completely behind!

Tonight I'm back to IMAX3 which I love. I'm wondering though, since my weights not budging - am I doing too much? Maybe I should cut back one or two workouts a week. We'll see. Some tweaking is necessary!

Allison

22 lbs. lost, 10 lbs. to prepregnancy weight, 10 lbs. after that

Hmmm. I don't know. When workouts alone do not lower weight, I always look at my eating. It's usually the culprit. I love to workout, and wish I could just work off my weight...but I wasn't so lucky this last time...I had to eat super clean too. ;)

Everyone's different, but I don't think I have ever overtrained. I have taken a week off of exercising though...and when I came back to it I was supercharged!!!! I have also switched to another activity (for example in the spring I begin to train for 10K races and that runs through summer, so in the fall when I go back to Cathe it's real tough again).

Hang in there Allison, and don't give up. All your hard work will pay off. ;)

**Melanie**
33lbs lost...back to 'original' weight!

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94
" Take care of your body like it will last a lifetime. Take care of your soul like it will last for eternity"

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.