What are your substitutes for....

burritamcdoo

Dixie Cups? I was so anxious to do Afterburn, but I didn't have any Dixie Cups in the house...I frantically searched for a substitute and discovered that the 'teacups' from my 4 year old daughter's tea set work perfectly!!! She thought it was so funny when she saw me using them...

Anybody else using something else? Or am I the only nutty one?

Karen

I tried using Dixie cups but my fan blew them away so I just went low enough to touch my fingers to the floor. I'm thinking about using my 1/2 pound pace weights next time to see how that works.

Used small, vertical cat toys until I got to the store for the Dixie Cups ;-)
I was thinking of using catnip mice if I forget to pick up Dixie cups!

Tony Horton uses a water-bottle cap for some moves in P90x and other workouts. That would work as well.

I was doing Afterburn and didn't realize I needed them so I grabbed the closest thing I could find......two ping pong balls :confused:

I used 1 lb weights. People have been very creative in their substitutes. I like NinjaMom's ping pong balls, although I imagine that they might tend to roll away.

I agree with jbliff. I don't see the need for anything. I just make sure I touch the floor. In fact, I'm actually getting down lower without the Dixie cups!

I just go low enough to touch my fingers to the floor, as a previous poster stated. Is it really necessary to have the cups?

I didn't have 2 items that were the same (at hand anyway) so I grabbed my excedrin migraine bottle (a small bottle) and my packing tape - both were about the same height, and very similar to the dixie cup height. I used these for trisets - lower body. I definitely felt it in my glutes the next day (and the next).

I use plastic Easter egg dipping cups. They're oval shaped and in bright cheery colors. The best part is they make this great clomping sound when put them down.:D

Plastic green army men :p It was the closest thing handy.

Nan

Hahaha! Love this one. :p

I completely forgot I needed dixie cups this morning (for AfterBurn) until right before I started the workout, so I grabbed two empty prescription bottles off the bathroom counter (DH just finished up antibiotics). Worked like a charm!

I'm sure it works fine to do the workout with just your fingertips, but I find using the 'cups' keeps me honest, and I try to place them farther away from me so that my lunges are as deep as possible (that is, without sending me knees over my toes)....and my teacups make me smile, which isn't easy to do during this routine!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.