What are your must haves? (I'm moving overseas... need to stock up!)

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
I'll be moving in the next couple of months and would like to stock up on some good workouts so I don't have to pay international shipping prices!

I currently own 4DS (which I like but can't say I'm CRAZY about). I also have BM2 which I really enjoy if I could only find the time for it. I'll have to work with some of the premixes more often.

I also have the first three sculpting systems from the firm and the first three turbo jam cardio party dvds.

I'm considering STS but have done P90X and was bored by Tony that I couldn't motivate myself to do it so I'm a little scared b/c I have a feeling it will be somewhat similar in format...

Anyway, thoughts on maybe the top 5 I should buy?

Thanks!
angie

RE: What are your must haves? (I'm moving overseas... n...

You didn't say what kind of workouts you're looking for, but I think you should at least get Drill Max and Muscle Max. Also consider Butts & Guts and/or Legs & Gluts, Boot Camp/Muscle Endurance, and Kick, Punch, Crunch. Good luck with your move!

-Beth

My top 5 would be:

Pyramid Series
Boot Camp/Muscle Endurance
Kick, Punch and Crunch
Drill Max
High Step Training Advance

On a desert island it'd be Kick Punch Crunch for cardio and Butts & Guts for lower body. They're both really fun, no dread factor, and really get the job done. I couldn't live without them.

Congrats on the move! Where are you heading?

Hmmm My top 5 would be:

IMAX 2/C&W
Terminator
BC/ME
B&G
KPC/LG

All the DVD's from the BB Series have tons of premixs to choose from. I also love the intensity series!

My top five DVDs would be:

1. Cardio and Weights/Imax 2
2. Low Max
3. Muscle Max
4. Low Impact Circuit
5. Muscle Endurance

Beth L.

If I could only have 5 of cathe's workouts:

Imax 2
Drill Max
Bootcamp/ Muscle Endurance
Butts & Guts
Cardio Fusion

If I could only have 5 of cathe's workouts:

Imax 2
Drill Max
Bootcamp/ Muscle Endurance
Butts & Guts
Cardio Fusion

My 5 would be:

Gym Style Series
Drill Max
Slow and Heavy
Low Impact Circuit
Pyramid

I know the first one is more than five, but . . .

I'm picking the workouts that have two or more workout on one DVD so you get a lot of bang for your buck:
BC/ME
PUB/PLB
Pure Strength or S&H (Gym Styles would be my top pick but you have to buy each workout individually)
KPC/L&G
SJP/SB or for three carido workouts RS/Imax/MIC

I think that gives you good mix of circuits, strength/endurance, and cardio.
Angela:7

Thanks everyone. This is really helpful. I did a firm workout for the first time in a long time yesterday. I've decided that I'm going to sell them - they're just boring and corny!

Anyway, we're moving to northern France with my husband's job. Pretty exciting but I'm feeling the need to stock up on a lot of things before we go! :)

Thanks again everyone for your input!
angie

At advancedworkouts.com, orders over 50$ ship for free. No specific country is mentionned so I guess it would apply to France. I live in Canada and so far, I always ordered over 50$ and never had to pay for shipping. And I think that their shipping fees for orders under 50$ are not that expensive. You might want to check them out. You might not feel the same urgency to stock on DVDs before leaving.

Bon séjour en France!
Nathalie :)

If your husband's company is paying for an international moving service, try to bring as many things as you can with you, because the prices in Europe are typically 30-50% higher than in the US. (I paid US$280 (1680 SEK) for my Original health club step with 4 risers when I finally found one-- sounds insane, but I really wanted one!) The moving company does all the packing, too, which is really helpful.

A few things that are particularly difficult to get/expensive in Europe:

high step
original club step
slanted risers
(here everyone uses the Reebok step)
***decent, supportive sports bras if you are over a B cup***

Dumbells and barbells are all in Kg, but are pretty easy to find & not so expensive.

You also may have to be careful about different TV formats and Regions for DVDS. Here in Sweden, older TVs can't deal with NSTC videos (my Firms come out black and white), but newer or HDTVs are fine. For Region coded DVDs, the DVD players here are Region 2, while the US is Region 1 (Cathe DVDs are regionsfree, so you don't have to worry about those). There are a lot of reasonably priced players here you can "hack" to make them regionfree or just use your laptop.

HTH,

Hej

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.