What about my arms?

jennifercareer

I thought I started this thread the other day but I can't find it. So I must have typed the whole thing and never submitted it. Weird.
Anyway, I'm having an issue with weight loss in my arms. If I wouldn't be keeping track of my own measurements, then I wouldn't believe this myself. But I've lost 40 lbs since I had my baby in January. I have 15 more lbs to go. Can anyone believe that after all that weight loss, I haven't lost even a 1/4" off my arms! I equally do cardio and weight training and I'm dropping inches everywhere else, but my arms. It's a little annoying cause my arms are looking more sculpted, but big. I don't like it. Anyone have any suggestions? Maybe my arms are the last to go, I don't know. But if there's anything I can do to speed up the process, I'd love to know. I have nearly 2" to lose around each arm to be back at my pre-preggy size.

Two things occurred to me as a possibility for your arm issues. One, I find it hard to measure my own arms, I always have to ask someone else to do this for me. Could you possibly making an error in measurements? Two, if you are lifting heavy weights, you could be building muscle in you arms, but still be reducing bodyfat (a change in composition). Were you lifting pre-pregnancy? Just some thoughts....

I actually have my husband take my arm measurements for me. So I feel that they're pretty accurate. Also, I did do weight training before I was pregnant, but when I got pregnant, I pretty much quit doing anything. So I didn't lift for nearly 8 months. I did gain a lot of weight. And even though I don't always see the numbers on the scale going down, I will see my measurements going down. Maybe it's fat building on top of muscle. So how do I get this corrected? Do more cardio? I feel like I need to focus a little more on lifting right now, especially in my lower body, cause that's the biggest portion for me to lose. Plus, my legs have always been kind of like "body building legs". My husband has always commented on the fact they they're so muscular for me being so small. So I always feel that these are my obvious large muscles and I think if I really work them, that I'll speed up my metabolism. But it's not doing anything for my arms, that's for sure.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.