Went to GNC and came home confused...

I popped into GNC today, for the heck of it. Is it just me or are those people pushy as all hell?! Annoying! Anyway...

I snagged some Isopure samples and when I was checking out the old lady shoved two vitamins in my mouth that tasted like papiya...she said it is to help the protein absorb and break down into your system faster!

Hmmm...I thought we loved protein because of it's snail pace and high thermic effect.

Someone help me out here...

I think most of the people who work at GNC are nut-cases! I hate going in that store because of the fact that they bug you about buying certain vitamins. They must work on commission or something.
Debbie in OH

I travel a lot for work and stopped at various GNC's. I've only found 1 that has a really knowledgeable and helpful manager. I do like the Nitrotech Smores for a meal replacement bar. I also take Women's Mega Vitamins and the GNC brand CLA. My brother in law who is a exercise physiologist takes has been buying the chocolate Isopure protein powder for years and he's jacked. I buy EAS soy and whey protein when it's on sale at my local market. It's a little cheaper. I've never heard anything about needing to speed up digestion w/ a pill..probably a new gimmick.

Does anyone have an opinion on soy vs whey? I'm 36 so thought I should start taking soy but it has more calories per scoop 110 vs 170.

~Chrissy~

Wow Snazzy, thanks for the site recommendation. I didn't realize there were so many concerns about soy...I think I will just buy the whey protein going forward. I haven't heard anything bad about whey.

My doctor, a naturopath, said the owners of the GNCs in our town come to HER for their vitamins because the quality she sells is better!

Papaya is a natural digestive enzyme. Maybe she thinks it will help the body utilize the protein better??

Colleen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.