Wen for colored hair

Stebby

Cathlete
Does anybody here use Wen on color-treated hair? I rotate a number of different shampoos and conditioners, including Wen, and I think that Wen might be stripping the color. Although my hair is very manageable after I wash it with Wen, it seems to look a bit lighter and some of my grays start to show - I get this feeling of "that's odd, I'm sure the color was richer yesterday". I don't get this impression at all with my other shampoos and conditioners which are specifically formulated for colored hair. I am not sure if I am imagining things but I'm afraid to do a formal test (where I use nothing but Wen for a few days), just in case my impressions are right and I have to make a quick trip to the salon! Someone please tell me I'm crazy. :)

Stebby

About a year ago, I was using Wen on my highlighted hair. I thought it was pulling out the blonde, my hair looked like it was getting darker. I haven't used Wen since then, and haven't had any problems. But I do understand what you're talking about. My advise would be to use something else for awhile, see if the color improves.

I did for almost a year and, coincidentally, changed hair dressers around the same time I startted using Wen faithfully. I had that same weird feeling about my itchy scalp and the amount of hair I was finding in my brushes. I thought it may be due to the products my new stylist was using until someone posted here that they has
d excessive hair loss as well. I stopped using it for the reasons I stated above and I was tired of paying all that money. I have noticed significant improvements with the itchiness, hair loss, and wallet draining.

I've used WEN off and on for several years but not all types work for me. I will say my hair dresser comments on what good condition my hair is in if I use it regularly. I haven't noticed that it strips my color at all but i do find some of them are more drying to my hair than others. Fig seems to work best for me but I wasn't fond of the almond mint/ pomegranate or cucumber scents. It is quite pricey which is why i alternate with regular shampoos as well for colored hair.

OK, that's it - ditching the Wen! Thanks everyone for your input. I'll spend the money on something else. Nice to know I'm not crazy, ha! :)

Stebby

I tried it a while back as well and it definitely affected my hair color. Started making my red hair blonde!! Stopped using it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.