Welcome our newest family member...

melodygirl

Cathlete
Hi everyone! I've missed being on the Cathe forums, but sometimes life just dictates that you must deal with "stuff". I just wanted to share our newest family member...meet Ursula

http://pic2.picturetrail.com/VOL989/4380053/15874706/242038760.jpg

I know there are many animal lovers on Cathe and that you would appreciate another sweet puppy face and animal story. DH found Ursula outside his place of employment and brought her home Thursday afternoon. The vet examined her this morning and said she is a chow-shepherd mix about 14 weeks old, in good health except for mange (but it's not the bad type). We just have to give her medication, vitamins and medicated baths for a couple of months.

Isn't she adorable? And she's housetrained!!!! And she doesn't whimper in the crate at night!!!! And she's another female in this house of testosterone!!! I'm loving her.

Thanks for letting me share.

Congrads on your latest addition! She is so adorable! If it was up to me, we would have a ton of rescued dogs and kitties, but my DH is not so gung-ho! :)
What is her name?

Oh, Mel, she is adorable!! I don't know much about chows, but shepherds are some of the sweetest, smartest dogs ever. Ursula is SOO lucky to have found such a wonderful home for herself. Smart doggie. ;)

Congratulations on your new addition!
Hugs,

Awwww Melody she is beautiful!!!! Just look at that face! She's precious.

I'm glad that you have another female in the house to keep you company!!!

Congratulations on your new family member! She is adorable! And already housetrained! Lucky you--and lucky her!! I don't know too much about chows, but I had two shepherds and they were wonderful companions and by far the easiest to train. Enjoy! And thanks for sharing your with us.

OMG Melody she is the cutest darn thing I've seen in a long time! I could just eat her up! ENJOY HER! Your boys must be THRILLED!:+ :+ :+

Thanks for the congratulations, everyone.

Janie, her entire tongue isn't blue/black like a chow, but rather looks likes cow spots of blue/pink. Her tongue is even cute!

The best thing is the calming effect she is apparently having on our 12 yo bipolar/ADHD son. He is great with her and has taken responsibility for her care. I'm thinking Ursula may be a Godsend.

You all do know that now not only will you have to suffer the posting of my boy photos, but also Ursula photos. Oh,I am still working out.:7

Carrie,

I am not sure, but I think someone dumped her. Dogs are always left outside where my husband works because it is known someone always takes them home. The vet's assumed her care has been ignored for a little while since she has mange, but fortunately that is her only problem. No worms, parvo, etc.

I think my husband saw bringing her home as a way to squelch my sudden interest in adopting a daughter. As if that would stop me.;)

Congratulations on the newest addition! Ursula is beautiful!! She looks very similar to my dog's picture when she was a puppy. She is mostly shepherd with a little chow. She is such a wonderful, gentle dog. Her tongue is not spotted like Ursula's, but it is VERY long! Seeing your picture really makes me want another puppy!! Thanks for sharing!

How adorable!
Welcome, Ursula.
Usually 'beards' aren't really a good look on a female, but your little white one is cute as can be!

What a cutie!! So precious! She is very lucky to have you as her new mommy. I wish there were more people like you and your husband in the world. We've rescued 4 shelter kitties and they are the best "children" I could ask for. I think strays/shelter animals know they are lucky to have been adopted. A big thank you for taking her in. I wish y'all years of happiness!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.