Weird w/o question

skeenan

Does anyone else freeze after an intense workout? I get so cold after I w/o. I just finished ME and am sitting here freezing. My poor nose is like an ice cube. I'm gonna go take a long HOT shower!

Shelly

Hi Shelly,

I cool down really fast after a workout where I've sweat a lot. Since sweating is the body's cooling mechanism, I'd think this was normal.

Shelly:
YES!! When I come home from the gym I put on warmer clothes because I know that in about an hour I'm going to be freezing. I've actually been on the couch with a pair of sweatpants, wooly socks, tshirt and sweatshirt, my robe and 2 throws over me to stay warm. I don't usually take a shower at night after I work out and I've found that if I just dry my hair I don't get as cold. So you are not alone.

Kim

This will happen to me in cold weather (but I'm cold all the time anyway) but what works for me is as soon as I'm done stretching after a workout I put on sweat pants and a sweat shirt and I don't sit down for at least 30 minutes after I finish a cardio workout because that seems to be when I am the most vulnerable to the shakes/being cold. Funny thing I also experienced those MEGA muscle shakes immediately after delivering my babies...that is awful because you can't control it at all. But oh, when the nurse would bring me one of those heated blankets....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I can still feel that warm sensation. :D

Yes! This usually only happens to me when I'm jogging, which for me is the toughest workout I do. Must have something to do with all the sweating you're doing or something.

-Marie:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.