Weights to lose bodyfat??

Ho Cathe and Happy Mother's Day!! I read a few articles stating that you should eliminate so much cardio or at least only do a few minutes a session and up the weights to lose bodyfat. There is an article in Muscle and Fitness about it. I believe it is on newsstands now. How much cardio is appropriate and weights a week for bodyfat loss? I am a vegan and eat a very minimally processed lowfat clean diet. I have about 50lbs to lose. Thanks alot.

Obviously I'm not Cathe, but being in the same boat as you I'm curious about this as well. In another post (5/4/06), she advised someone with 50 pounds to lose:
"Do two challenging total body strength training sessions per week (three to 4 times per week if they are split workouts) and do 4 to 5 cardio sessions (30 to 45 minutes per session) per week. Eat very clean too, that is so very important too."

I wonder if her M&F article applies to those who are mostly fit with a smaller amount of bodyfat to lose. For those of us with much more to lose, it sounds as if she is promoting more cardio, at least initially, to reduce the fat.

I am linking that quoted posting and hope it works.
http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=2&topic_id=61586&mesg_id=61586&page=

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.