Weighted vests/weighted belts

cathe4me2

Cathlete
Here goes with another weighted vest type question.;-) I no longer have any room left for a squat rack in my room, so I am wondering which would be the best to get...a vest or a belt and why? I have been looking at the Ironwear vests for women. There is a green one that looks fairly comfortable as it is shorter in the toro...I'm Cathe's height. If you add the equivalent amount of weight (say 30#) to a belt, would that not put too much pressure on the hips?
I would love to know about your experience with either the belt or the vest so as to know which direction to go. With a neck/shoulder/biceps tendon injury, hoisting any weighted barbell over my head is out of the question for awhile. Even later, 45# is my tops.
Thanks for any info you have.

I don't have an answer for you, but I'm looking into this as well. I'm pretty certain that I'm going to go with the Ironwear Uni-Vest long, with 40# of weights (they are having a sale right now). That looks to be the most versatile option for what I'm looking for - and if you get the undervest, you can load it up to something like 76#. I'm not getting a squat rack for home, so this seems like a GREAT alternative.

Michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.