Weighted Vest

sjdavis

Cathlete
I'd like to get a weighted vest, but know nothing about what I might need. I'd like one that is adjustable, but what would be a good total weight. I know there are some of you who have them and use them so I'd love some advice. Thanks.

There are many on the market so it depends on how heavy you want to go and how much you want to spend. Amazon has a decent selection of varied sizes. Personally I wanted something simple and didn't want something I had to adjust so I got mine from Walmart. It's 12 lbs and snaps closed in the front. There's a little pocket for an MP3 player. It's nice, sturdy and easy to use....grab it quick and snap it on.

I have Cathe's weighted vest. I believe it's 10 pounds which is enough for me since I use it while using other weights. It's very comfortable.

My sister used it a lot last year when she had a injury where she could not run. She could walk and used it to keep her cardio up. She said that it was comfortable and looked nice.

I have Cathe's adjustable weighted vest and love it! It starts out at 12 pounds and has 8 one pound bags that you can add to go up to 20 pounds. I use it when I need heavier weight than I can safely lift over my head and right now I use it for RWH for the plie squats with the dumbbell: Cathe uses a 40# and I only have a 25#, so I pop on the vest to heavy up! I also plan on using it to make my modified knee push-ups more challenging while I attempt to get back to toe style push-ups. I think it was made by Altus.

How about this one? It's affordable, adjustable from 1-20 pounds (most aren't), not overly bulky, easy to put on and take off, not too ugly looking so you could wear it outside too.

The Fitness by Cathe one made by Altus seems to no longer be available, neither on this site, nor anywhere else on the internet, including Ebay. So, this might be the next best thing. There are a load of vests out there by different companies that look like the blue Cathe vest, but they are mostly 8 or 12 pound vests and not adjustable.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gy...fault&beacon_version=1.0.1&findingMethod=p13n

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.