Weight Watchers TGIF 9/8

Happy Friday All!

Good morning Buffy and Teddygirl

Claude- check out your birthday wishes on Thursday board! Also... please tell your bos that financials can wait! Communicating w/ US is so much more interesting and important!!!

Jennifer: Is that Maui as in hoola and lei's??? Is that where your half marathon is.... oh my, I want to hang with you!

Amy: I'll try & freeze the tennis ball next time... Heck I'll do anything to avoid injury. Happy you have the scale results in perspective... very healthy! I love that you are looking at a couple of weeks of data to see where you can start adding in APs/Flex. Will do you good!

Missing Marcia... did I miss a post that she'd be out of loop for awhile?... also missing Marie and Vilma and Jenn.... hmmmmmm was it something I said?

;-)

Very Happy to report that I got my rear in gear at 5:30 last night and did L&G Extreme in its entirety! I told myself I would just get started and I could FF any segments I didn't want to do but to just get started... IT WORKED! I didnt skip any of the 80 minute w/o... I just love the fact that L&G doesnt use barbells.. Makes me happy when I can leg press and plie' and use ankle wts... VARIETY!!!:)

WI was indeed this morning and I had quite a pleasnt surprise being down 2.2 #s. Ok- I fell of the scale actually! My body seems to have a mind of its own so I'm looking at stats over the last 6 weeks to see if I can find any patterens w/ Aps/Flex/Calories burned etc...
10 official pounds to go..... I know for a fact that w/out this board and all of you that there is no way I would be so committed and accountable. Thanks to each of you for being there for me.

This morning I have a 90 minute cardio mix on calendar... Will do 60 minutes of KPC + 30 minute Turbo Jam Fat Blaster (Kick + Interval).
I really am learning to love this rotation of
Day 1: 90 min cardio Mix Kick/Interval/SSC/Circuit
Day 2: Intense Upper
Day 3: 90 min cardio Mix Kick/Interval/SSC
Day 4: Rest(listening to body) or Intense Lower
Day 5: 90 min cardio Mix Kick/Interval/SSC
Day 6: Intense Strength
you get the idea...

Have a great day all - I'll check in later!

Whoah, Traci, way to go. Down 2.2, awesome. That's some workout you have planned for yourself. Keep up the good work.

I had my weigh in this morning. Down .8#. Better than nothing. I was hoping for a bit more of a loss considering its the week after TTOM and I usually go down a bit from that. Anyway, something is better than nothing. I've lost a total of 2.4# since I started WW in August. Its slow going, but I'm very committed.

Today I think I'll do Lowmax Intervals 4-7 and Cardio Coach 3 or 4 depending on how I feel.

Going out for sushi tonite. I'll have to watch the sake. That always kills me.

TGIF.

Buffy

Hi Traci-

I'm still here just lyinglow. A little frustrated not making any progress at least not according to the scale and since ww is big on weigh ins I just keep getting annoyed by the number.

This week I have journaled everything I but in my mouth and my points are high. I'm an eater what can I say. I have also worked out 4x this week, following Jan 05 rotation for weight loss. I will keep journaling, following my rotation and not letting the scale dictate how I feel. I felt light this morning but the scale didn't agree.
}(

Today I am doing MIC after I watch FeverPitch and then off to lunch with a gf. Yummy!!:)

I also think I want to invest in a HR monitor to know exactly what I'm burning. But I've spending so much $$ I feel guilty. But preordering isn't really spending is it??}( I also want a new HighStep instead of my FannyLifter. Oh I want so much.:D

Have a great day ladies. Sorry for whining. ;( ;-)
Jenn

>Hi Traci-
>
>I'm still here just lyinglow. A little frustrated not making
>any progress at least not according to the scale and since ww
>is big on weigh ins I just keep getting annoyed by the
>number.
>
>This week I have journaled everything I but in my mouth and my
>points are high. I'm an eater what can I say. I have also
>worked out 4x this week, following Jan 05 rotation for weight
>loss. I will keep journaling, following my rotation and not
>letting the scale dictate how I feel. I felt light this
>morning but the scale didn't agree.
>}(
>
>Today I am doing MIC after I watch FeverPitch and then off to
>lunch with a gf. Yummy!!:)
>
>I also think I want to invest in a HR monitor to know exactly
>what I'm burning. But I've spending so much $$ I feel guilty.
>But preordering isn't really spending is it??}( I also want a
>new HighStep instead of my FannyLifter. Oh I want so much.:D
>
>Have a great day ladies. Sorry for whining. ;( ;-)
>Jenn

Hi Jenn, Hey if you can't whine here, where can you whine!!!
;-)

I feel your pain. That damn scale can be so annoying. I feel so much lighter and I look firmer than when I started WW in the beginning of August, but, the scale registers only a small loss. But, progress is progress, slow as it might be. I'm not giving up and neither should you. A friend of mine who lost 90 lbs. on WW said to me, "hey, I've carried this weight for 20 years, I can't expect it to come off overnite." Wise words. Slow and steady is better than fast and temprorary.

Hang in there. Play around a bit with your points and see if that will shock your body (I'm an eater too btw; always looking forward to that next meal).

Good luck.

Buffy

Buffy- Way to go on Wt Loss & great workouts! I was only down .4 the week after ttom... go figure? Slow and steady shall prevail however so I can keep my yo-yo's in perspective. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and order VOL 1 of Cardio Coach on Monday... If I wait til new Cathe stuff arrives I know I won't do it!
Have a great Sushi night and enjoy your workout!

JENN!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy you posted!
Please dont feel like a whiner... we all get down from time to time!
The scale isnt my friend either! I yo-yo all the time and seem to play with the same 3 pounds for a month then BAM... a decent loss. It is hard to look at weekly I agree...
Be proud of yourself for doing that Jan 05 rotation... I looked at it and said NO WAY ...hehehehehe
As far as spending$$$... I really believe that I have to use my HRM to make sure I am calculating my APs correctly... I gotta eat them or I starve and never lose but of course eating too many + flexies has the same effect. At least w/ the HRM you arent letting computer programs decide how many APs you get and need to eat... YOU"RE WORTH IT! Its a one time purchase if you get a good one.... and YES you were correct, pre-order $$$$ was spent long ago so it no longer counts towards your fitness budget! }( }( }(
Now get off the computer and go do MIC!!;)
Have a great time w/ your gf and remember to keep it all in perspective!

>>>>A friend of mine who lost 90 lbs. on WW said to me, "hey, I've carried this weight for 20 years, I can't expect it to come off overnite." Wise words.

Buffy- thats wonderful.... thank you for sharing that!

>Buffy- Way to go on Wt Loss & great workouts! I was only down
>.4 the week after ttom... go figure? Slow and steady shall
>prevail however so I can keep my yo-yo's in perspective. I
>think I'm going to bite the bullet and order VOL 1 of Cardio
>Coach on Monday... If I wait til new Cathe stuff arrives I
>know I won't do it!
>Have a great Sushi night and enjoy your workout!

Traci - I'm glad you are going to order a cardio coach. I'm just wondering though, you are obviously an advanced exerciser so I'm not sure of cardio coach #1 is the best for you. It's pretty easy and I only use it as an add on to another workout. It's entirely up to you but I would think you'd get more bang for your buck by starting with cardio coah #3. It's challenging but very doable.

Buffy

Hmmmmmmmm
Is CC 3 also 30 minutes tho.... I so dont know if anything can make me stay on treadmill! I feel like you used to... 30 minutes is pure torture even w/ tv on! I was thinking of using it as an add-on like you do anyway...because of my high need for variety in w/os...
What do you think? Will I get any benefit from using it that way?

Good Morning,

TGIF………

Good Job, Buffy and Traci :) ;) You know, I haven't tried KPC yet, I only hear nice things about this workout just maybe this weekend........

Today, is my rest day. My Sinus is off the chain this morning.

I have to give a shout out to Tony at Beach Body, his P90X series is truly a masterpiece :9 :7 I did Shoulder & Arms last night and my UB is so sore.

For tomorrow workout I’ll be doing low max & P90X chest shoulder & triceps. Sunday, either KPC, KM , Kenpo or Cardio Kicks you get the idea its' going to be some butt kicking going on :p I stayed within my points for the week, nice!

Teddygirl~

Teddygirl- sorry about Sinus issue.....YUK... Great workouts planned... I highly recommend KPC- The premixes are also to just die for! Its on my today and Sunday plan. With your shoulders so sore you may want to hold off on it for a day or two ... the punch drills are killer.

To all: I am off and running to the bay for the weekend so signing off but will keep all of you in my thoughts... stay healthy & eat well. I'll read all the posts I missed Sunday PM/Monday AM.

May whatever you all do this weekend be fun and relaxing!

Traci: yup, doing the Maui Half on 9/17 :)

Buff: mmm, I love sushi! Haven't had it in a while... I may have to get me some soon ;)

Jenn: hang in there, hon! That number can be awfully frustrating--I know that full well myself. If its any consolation at all, try to remind yourself that you're doing healthy things and that despite what that number says, you're better off now, health-wise, than you were before. Eventually your body will wake up and realize you're doing good things for it, and it'll respond!!

Teddygirl: you are going to love KPC!! It's my favorite non-step Cathe cardio workout :)

'K, "day off" for me today as far as workouts. I have my last run tomorrow, and they don't like us doing any kind of workout the day before those "long runs" (technically not a "long" run for me tomorrow, but I'll certainly take the day off *hee*). Gotta be extra disciplined with the points, since I won't earn any AP and I'm just about finished with my weekly flex points. We'll see how I do ;).

Jennifer

>Hmmmmmmmm
>Is CC 3 also 30 minutes tho.... I so dont know if anything can
>make me stay on treadmill! I feel like you used to... 30
>minutes is pure torture even w/ tv on! I was thinking of using
>it as an add-on like you do anyway...because of my high need
>for variety in w/os...
>What do you think? Will I get any benefit from using it that
>way?

Traci, I think CC#3 is about 35 minutes long. Believe me the time flies. You will not be bored. Also, you can customize it to what you want. For example, CC# has 3 challenges separated by recovery periods. So if you wanted to you could just do two of the challenges and shorten the workout. I really think you should get #3 as opposed to #1 or #2. Don't get me wrong, they are good workouts and I use them, but I just think if you are going to get just one, you will get more out #3 because you are advanced.

Buffy

Hi everyone - late check in gain.

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes. You are all so great!!!!

Traci - have fun at the Bay!

Buffy - you've talked me into Cardio Coach. I can use them at the gym and it'll be fun to try something different.

Jen - whine away, that's what we're here for. I tend to whine alot, just keep reading my post, you'll see!

Jennifer - lucky you in Maui!

OK - today started lousy - back is really acting up. Managed to get an appt with my massage/physical therapist for tomorrow morning. I'm hoping he can get this worked out because it's definitely cramping my style. I didn't work out due to the back thingy. I'm planning on a walk, but only if I get my bills paid first (and I'm not making any progress since I'm here and not writing out checks).

Eating was going well until DH started baking cookies!:eek: I purchased some of that pre-made cookie dough from someone at work (school fundraiser). I keep it in the freezer until I need to bake something quick. Well, it's the one thing DH has figured out how to make so periodically he gets a craving and bakes cookies.

Have I mentioned that cookies are my all time BIGGEST WEAKNESS?! I gained three pounds at Xmas in one week because of cookies. Here he is baking when I'm home all day trying to work! Of course I had to have some. I had some cookie dough, then a few cookies. I'll have to blame him if I gain any weight. It'll all be his fault, right?

Oh well. I'd better get back to work. It's actually time to start supper here, so I'll do that first. Then the walk, then the bills. Oh wait, didn't I say bills first? Yuck! Does everyone else hate paying bills as much as I do?

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Hello, ladies!

Congratulations on the loss, Traci and Buffy!!!!

Like I said, I really didn't have much of a starting point for the AP/FP adding because until last night, I hadn't weighed in officially for 3 weeks!

Traci- I hope that you have a great weekend!

Claude--Yes, I HATE paying bills!!! It's money that I can't spend on workout stuff!!!

Speaking of workout stuff, I had to break down and order a 6' dynaband. I have been using a 4' lately, thinking that it's long enough for my height.....WRONG!!!

Anyway, Sorry if I missed anyone, and "Hi" if I did. I am posting from work, so it's a little disjointed.

I will check in in the morning!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.