Weight Watchers check in 7/28

winsomehill

Cathlete
I'm hoping some of you out there on Weight watchers will want to check in on a thread. I would love to have the on going support.
Yesterday, was my meeting/ weigh in and I am so excited by this ....
I have lost 10 pounds in 5 weeks! I was so thrilled I almost cried. I also bought some of their Cheddar twists, which I think are very tasty 2 points per bag. When I go to weigh in I always wait a little to eat, because I want to be able to be as light as possible. So, I was then starved and bought some of their over priced food. But, still as a treat it was good. Then I proceeded to go shopping and try on every thing I could, this extended my shopping trip a little. I couldn't resist though, because I'm down a size and I was just so psyched!

Heather

I'm not on the plan, but I think it's the best thing going! I DID buy the Weight Watcher's at Home plan a few years ago, and it was very helpful - I still use some of the stuff I learned to this day. My boss joined, after listening to me brag on them for almost 2 years, and she'd doing very well. Good luck to you and to all the other checker-inners! Congratulations on your success so far!

"You can't win them all - but you can try." - Babe Zaharias http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/musik/music-smiley-004.gif[/img]

Thank you. I'm hoping it will not only help me lose but help me maintain which is my biggest issue. I have lost weight so many times at this point it's embarrasing. But, I have to start there and I will celebrate every triumph!
Heather

I just started two days ago. I'm doing it online; no meetings. I'm a bit nervous because I seem to be able to eat more than I'm used to eating, but, heh, I figure I'll just trust the program and see how it goes. I don't have too much to lose, but what I have is stuck to me like glue.

Do you use all of your weekly points and activity points?

Congrats on your weight loss. I have the at home version of WW. I always go over my points so I gave up. 24 points is very little(imo).
So frustration sets in and I quit. I shouldn't and I truly think I set myself up for failure. I have also thought about the meetings but they are xpensive if you don't go every week. I would like to go every other week.

JENN

I have been working Weight Watchers since November of 2004.
I truly believe that it's the best thing because it teaches you to eat what you have in the cupboard!
I have lost 68 lbs but the last 10 have been really tough since I found Cathe (last January). I found in the past that I *have* to go to the meetings or I will fall off the wagon. It's all about accountability for me! Anyway, I took my food journal in to my leader because I had gone from February to June with no loss at all. I was very frustrated as I explained my weekly work outs and eating. As it turns out, I was not eating enough food! I was sticking to my daily points and only using about 10 Flex points. My leader instructed me to us all my flex points (I don't eat my AP because I usually earn 7-9 AP's a day). As soon as I started using all my Flexies, I starting losing again.

I am hoping to hit my #70 goal before going on vacation in 3 weeks, so we will see!

Can't wait to see and share all your successes!!!

Hi - nice to see some other WW members here. I started a month ago and am almost at 5#s. I am still not tracking and not drinking water so those are things I need to work on. I have made some changes though and am more aware of what I eat. I am 53 and I think it is harder to lose. I like WW for the reason that you can go to the grocery store and shop. With so many frozen meal options you can use those to make the plan easier or just cook your own food. I have also found the WW site very helpful for food and recipe ideas. They will soon have an option to pay per month (on your CC) and the membership will include etools. Our leader thinks it is starting the week of 8/28. She heard it will be 39.95 a month.

I tried going to the meetings sporadically but I really think I need them and it helps me to stay each week.

Amy - Conrats on almost being at the 70# goal. I would like to get to that but will be happy with every pound I lose. Please share any tips you can on your success with us newbies. TIA.

Heather - great job losing 1 size already. That is fantastic that you can see the 10# difference.

Not a problem, Marie!

First and foremost, after taking one step at a time for almost 2 years, I still am very faithful in journalling what I eat. I have found that I have to be. Water has never been a problem for me, but just remember, set a small goal of 32 oz/day (1 qt) and work up from there.
I have also set aside one day/week for a "cheat" day where I allow myself to eat whatever I want. It works in 2 ways: 1)If I have a really bad craving for something like cheesecake, I can always wait until my cheat day, and it's never more that a few days away, and 2)Once I get to my cheat day, my craving has usually passed without causing any problems (I am usually craving something else by then!)
Just make sure you only have 1 cheat day a week, too many and you are back where you started from!;-)

BuffyR - I almost always use all my daily points and my activity points. I have not ever used all my flex points yet.

Jenn - I know, the meetings are definatly expensive. Have you gone through two full weeks of sticking to your points? My first two weeks were very difficult and I felt like I was just starving, my energy was very low. But, I think my body needed to adjust to a lot less calories like 400 or 500! It did adjust and I feel good now. I'm short so I only get 20 base points per day. I count an interval workout as 6 points, and all other Cathe workouts as 4. I have a love/hate relationship with my day off. I get to relax, but I can't eat as much.

Amy - You are an absolute inspiration 68#'s that's awesome!!! Wow, a 5 month plateau and you're still enthusiastic. I'm glad I have you as a resource now, I know you will be helpful. It's interesting to me that you have a "cheat" day. I have not done it that way, I use my flex points throughout the week here and there. If there is a special occasion I may use them all in one day, but otherwise it's just sporadic.

Marie - I am excited to hear about the new 39.95 a month thing. What do the etools include?

Today 7/29 I did Imax2 and had a bit of PMS - so was looking for chocolate, I dug into my flex points a little. I find the monthly cycle thing very difficult, I often look to food for that "something" to lift my spirits. Gotta change this habit.
Heather

Hi Everyone-
I'd really love to join your group here as I have just started WW online again (today) and have the same 15 pounds to lose as I did two years ago at this same time! UGH
I have been a Cathe groupie for about 8 months now and absolutely love the forums.
I am 43... struggling like a mad woman w/ perimeno weight gain (AKA: My personal Twilight Zone Movie!)
I am so confused by the eat more... no eat less.. no eat more I am pulling my hair out and the scale still has yet to budge.
My plan is to eat my 20 points a day and eat my activity points although I find that tough to do when I eat clean.... I am also ceasing the 6 cardios per week and doing
1. Cathe Circuit
2. Cathe Strength
3. Interval Spinning
4. Cathe Strength
5. Turbo Jam Cardio
I am fried on the 6 day a week so I am going to see if I can stick to a 5 day plan for 30 days, up my strength training and see if I can get my body to start losing some weight.
Any advise from all you expereienced WW Fans?
Thanks for letting me sneak in on your group too!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.