Weight Training for Weight Loss

My main goal is to lose weight (40 pounds!). I m looking for a fresh workout with weights. My challenge is that I need something I can do in the mornings for 30 minutes or so. Any recommendations? I already have the Pure Strength Series and MIS, but they are pretty long. I use Cathe step workouts for aerobics. Generally speaking, I'm not a fan of kickboxing, but I've never tried it with Cathe. Not sure anyway if kickboxing is more for sculpting/toning versus building strength. I welcome your suggestions!

Hi Judy:

Do you have the CTX series? The program consists of 6 separate workouts, each has a 25-30 minute cardio routine followed by 10-15 minutes of weight training for each body part. (except legs, which is a day in itself.) What you could do is alternate days of weight training and cardio. One day do the cardio portion of a ctx workout and then the next day, no cardio but do 2 strength portions of various tapes. That would give you a good balance of cardio and weights in an approximate 30 minute period per day.

Take care, Lynn M.

For endurance I love PH,ME and ctx series upper bodysplit.For cardio I think interval training is the best for weight loss as IMAX 1 and 2.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator junkie.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.