weight training dvd help!

cindy_975

Cathlete
I just did MuscleMax this morning..wow! I need to do that more often :)

I pre-ordered STS shock cardio (Shaun's Insanity is in the works, as well) and now need to balance out the weight bit of my DVD collection. I have MM, ME, Butts & guts, Legs & Glutes, 4DS, PUB/PLB (I have some of jari Love's ripped series, as well). I DVR'd p/p, supersets, power hour, and slow & heavy from fittv. I'm tempted by the GS series, but am thinking I can hold out on buying those for a while.

Not being a weight training person (yet) I want to make sure I have the principles right. I can swap in all sorts of different cardio (of which I now I have lots of variety) and keep doing the same 2-3 weight training DVD's per week for a month or do I rotate those as well?

Thanks
Cindy

most people on this forum stick to certain weight training dvds for 4-6 weeks and then completely switch to another set of dvds for another 4-6 weeks etc. your body will adapt to whatever training program you are on so its good to mix it up (both cardio and weights) As for me, I have exercise ADD so i do something different every week b/c i get bored with one type of rotation. Does this help?

I just did MuscleMax this morning..wow! I need to do that more often :)

I pre-ordered STS shock cardio (Shaun's Insanity is in the works, as well) and now need to balance out the weight bit of my DVD collection. I have MM, ME, Butts & guts, Legs & Glutes, 4DS, PUB/PLB (I have some of jari Love's ripped series, as well). I DVR'd p/p, supersets, power hour, and slow & heavy from fittv. I'm tempted by the GS series, but am thinking I can hold out on buying those for a while.

Not being a weight training person (yet) I want to make sure I have the principles right. I can swap in all sorts of different cardio (of which I now I have lots of variety) and keep doing the same 2-3 weight training DVD's per week for a month or do I rotate those as well?

Thanks
Cindy

Yes, you can switch up your cardio as often as you like. Another option is to do the same kind of cardio for 4-8 weeks (i.e. step, or kickboxing, or machines), then switch to something else just to surprise your metabolism.

My philosophy about weights (actually all exercise) is you should do what you enjoy the most & are therefore most likely to stick with. You can do the same rotation for 4-12 weeks, then change it up. OR you can do the same rotation for as long as you'd like if you really love it & it'll increase your chances for consistency. I've had the same weight routine for almost 20 years. I switch it up occasionally for 4-8 weeks just to shock my muscles, but it's remained generally the same.

Hope this helps & doesn't confuse you even more! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.