Weight of barbell w/out plates ?

Chl0e

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-05-02 AT 03:10PM (Est)[/font][p]I know this seems silly, but I do not know how much my bar weighs. It is a 6ft standard bar made of cast iron. I was given the weights and the set did not come with any specifications. It also came with 4 dumbell bars and am unsure of their weight. Anyone have an idea? Thanks!

Hi,

I guess it could vary, but my six foot bar weighs about 15 lbs. I think I remember reading that the Ivanko, which Cathe uses in some videos, is about 10 lbs - but somebody correct me if I'm wrong! You could try getting on a scale with and without it and weighing it that way.

Rose

My 6' is 10 lbs. Why don't you weigh yourself, than weigh yourself with the bar and subtract the bar weight from your weight?

I've thought of weighing it, but I don't keep a scale in the house. Thanks for replying though.

You could try taking them to an athletic store. I live in TX, and we have Academy, Galyan's and Oshman's. These places have tons of weights, barbells and scales. One of their sales associates should be able to assist you.

You might want to call first before lugging your weights out there. Good Luck. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.