Weight gain but not inches..?

millalyte86

Cathlete
Ok so I posted this question on MFP and thought I'd try it on here too. So here's my question.. I weighed myself this morning and I'm up another half a pound!! The girls on MFP know that I'm recently married :). But since the wedding day (Oct. 21st) I've put on 5 lbs now! What is up?!? So I decided to take my measurements just to see.. everything is the same except my hip measurement went up 0.3 inches which is like nothing! And I went up 0.1 inch on my belly measurement. But how does that come out to be a 5 lbs. weight gain?! I don't get it. Not to mention I've been getting in a good workout everyday for the past week consistantly and have been logging my food. Help! I'm at a loss!

-Lauren

If you are lifting weight, I believe your body is just storing more glycogen and the extra water needed. The five pound weight gain should not be fat.

I used MFP recently to successfully lose 12 lbs. What I found is that I need to be brutally honest in my logging both food and exercise. The weight actually slid off quite easily and I am at a "difficult" time in life, supposedly, for losing weight - perimenopausal. If you are being brutally honest and sticking with their calorie recommendation, try shaking up your exercise routine, drinking a lot of water (at least half your body weight in fluid ounces), and asking your doctor is always a great idea! Good luck!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.