Week of April 21-moms of toddlers/preschoolers

Shopahollic

Cathlete
Hi and happy spring! We just returned from visiting my parents in NY , all went well except for some sleeping problems. Ms. Ashley didn't fall asleep til 12:30 when we arrived wed. night. Had some lovely weather though. Hard to believe but only 1 month til Ashley turns 2! She is talking up a storm and much feistier than Alexis was.

Now to remember my workouts:
Bodymax 2-scrambled eggs, cardio fusion,ME/bootcamp bonus premix KPC+ hi/lo dome intervals, hi/lo knockout, firm max. cal. bootcamp+total body toner. I am missing some but did work out everyday. Skipped working out yesterday due to the 5 hour trip.

hello!

elyse, are you enjoying this warm spring as much as finn and i are? i cannot keep him inside!! glad your trip went well. we always have at least 1 bad sleep night when traveling. that can be exhausting. awsome workouts, esp for being away!! i too cannot believe our little ones are almost 2. plus, that means my baby will be here soon! i keep thinking that in 2 more years, it will be really fun b/c the baby will be more self sufficient like finn is now. i cannot wait to see how different this baby is.

hi melanie - sorry for the lack of activity on the house. IT WILL HAPPEN. my coworker just sold hers after a long stretch on the market. how are the boys?

hi suzanne. how is your household?

i know i will never remember all my workouts but i think sun - 8 mil run, me; mon - bm2 scrambled; tues - 8 mil run, pub; weds - 7 mil run, plb; thurs - kbx, 4ds kb; fri - 7 mil run, 1/2 of 4ds booot camp drills; sat - hi lo dome, imax 2 blast only

Mel-your days sound stressful!
morris- I have to get myself to the park but the girls have been loving playing in the yard.

Hello Ladies,

Elyse- I am sure your parents were happy to see you and the girls.
I agree that there is always sleeping issues for little ones and
big people too. We all miss our own comfort zones + privacy.
Hopefully everyone is back on track!

Morris- I am sure other Mom's will agree how different your new
baby will be. Its really fun to enjoy Jennifer and her little sister.
They look at each other and laugh. I love the eye to eye connection
they have. I am grateful I had another child. I really struggled with
having an only child. It is nice they have each other to grow
old with!! I tell Jennifer to be nice to Taylor since they will
be friends until they are 100 plus years old.

Jennifer fell at the Zoo on Saturday. I was with the baby but she
was with Daddy climbing on some playground equipment. Jennifer
fell and hit below her eye which quickly became swollen and
black and blue. I felt sick. I couldn't believe how quick and
how sore it looked.
She is talking more about a scratch on her arm.
I feel awful seeing her like this. I know kids fall and get hurt.
I know its not his fault but I lashed out at my husband later that
night by asking why he wasn't there to help her. Of course he
can't control a running toddler. I am so protective and just want
to keep her safe. It makes you feel so vulnerable as a parent.

How are you Melanie?

Just a quick note to say hi. No activity on the house. DH potty trained baby Jadon,...and I"m kind of sad over it. Jadon is my baby, you know. Wasn't ready for it. DH was really proud of himself and looked confused when I yelled, "No!". Oh well.

I ordered a BOSU and am pretty excited about the variety options (since I have to wait for house to sell to get my coveted elliptical). I"m also excited about the aspects of running again as weather is improving. I"ll be pushing 60lbs this year in the stroller,...not looking forward to the DOMS!!! :)

Ouch! Too bad a about Jennifer's eye! You have resist the urge to blame, it happens. My eldest fell face first into an aquarium when he
was 18 mos old, we needed to dial 911 & he needed over 300 stitches in his face. It was a day I will NEVER forget, yet we still can't point fingers,...we just need to learn from our mistakes and move on. :) YOu're a great mom.

Elyse, traveling sounds exhausting. I've decided not to travel with family to old house next weekend,...just to exhausting. DH will go alone to put dock in, turn water on, clean windows,...and all the other work that goes along with owning two homes. He'll probably be more productive without us. ;)

Morris, I cannot believe how close you are now! You are doing so good. Have you decided on a jogging stroller?

Hi all you other toddler moms! Enjoy reading all your posts,...even if I just lurk now-a-days. :)

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Suzanne-unfortunately accidents do happen!
Mel- think of the burden it takes off you having all soon to be out of diapers! Good luck with the house sale!
Morris- I can't believe your workouts for how far along you are! It is exhausting with 2 young ones, but not that Ashley is almost 2 I watch how the girls entertain themselves!

Funny, but we all have same sex siblings! MORRIS-2 BOYS, MEL-3 BOYS AND SUZANNE 2 GIRLS-INTERESTING!

Ewwwwww! I missed that! Morris knows she's having a boy?!?!?

I guess that means the boys outweigh the girls over here?

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

that is interesting about the siblings!

suzanne, so sorry about the accident. i echo mel's point about not blaming. it can just get one into trouble and does not fix what happened.

elyse, i cannot wait until this baby is alomost 2 as this is such a fun age!

melanie, hope the house activity picks up soon. how is work? how are you liking your new dvd's? i am leaning toward the babyjogger with the huge wheels but will probably go try them out if i can find a dealer near here. 60lbs is a lot!!! that is a true upperbody workout.

do you guys have tips on night terrors? ds woke last night sobbing at 1:30 and i could not get him back down on his own. i brought him to bed finally as dh is out of town and i needed some rest. of course, who can sleep with a snoring 22mon th old! i never bring him in bed, but it did work. any advice? also, we are still struggling with names for the baby. i have another us next week as i am measuring small (as i did with ds) - i am hoping for a 3d pic to help with the names.

Thanks for the support! Jennifer's eye is much improved.
Melanie- How horrible that day must have been. I can imagine
how awful for you. You will never forget I know...
I also know it must be hard to think about to this day.
Awful. But you are all right accidents happen as awful as they
are.

Morris- As far as night terrors there is not much you can do.
Jennifer went through this before she turned 2 late last fall.
Finn is becoming more and more of his days, experiences, etc.
Our doctor told us just to comfort. I know we took her into bed
too which she would only keep herself and us up by talking and
jumping. Poor little babies are scared but sounds like you are
reassuring Finn, nothing else will benefit him more. Jennifer
would always ask for " her bubba" which is her sippy cup which
she would only want if filled w/milk. She would toss after the
first sip of water. I know your on your own often since your
DH travels which is tougher on you Mom. I am alone 2 nights
a week since my husband is a fireman. I prefer him home but we
have gotten into a schedule. I just remember needing my dh
home when I had Taylor. Luckily he was able to take a few weeks
off to help since there was now 2 babies to take care of.

Yes the boys due rule huh?! Melanie's 3 boys and Morris'soon to
be two sons. I might have missed but didn't know Morris you found out
the gender.

I hope everyone has a wonderul weekend!

Suzanne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.