week of 4/20 checkin

well no ones started it yet. guess I will. My mom arrived today so I'm all set for baby to come. have my next appt wednesday. feeling better today. was a bit icky still this morning but its seems to have passed. I've noticed my vision is really blurry lately (like water stuck in my eyes). but my BP has been good so far so I dunno. My mom said she can see the swelling all over me. I'm trying to stay off my feet cause it does help with that. just waiting now. 39 weeks tomorrow.
Well hope everyone else is doing well. ;)

yea jess!! 39 weeks!! didn't you go early with your other kids? i'm looking forward to hearing the good news.

Wow Jess! 39 weeks! It seems as if it will take me forever to get there! I am 10 weeks this week. I thought my m/s disappeared but it came back with a vegenance last night and this morning. Not a whole lot to report for me. Still no workouts. I still have zero energy and the queasy stomach doesn't help. I have started eating better, more fruits and protein and not as many carbs so hopefully it will all balance out.

Hi to everyone else!

Jen

Skyy - well my first was early only cause he was induced for preeclampsia. my second was a week late!! so I may be still waiting a bit haha.

Sweetpea - hang in there. In a way its gone really fast. I remember thinking that not long ago and here I am almost done. ha. Hope the first trimester M/S passes soon and you get your energy back. I only really worked out in the second trimester since the first tri I had a constant migrane and the third I have been cleaning/nesting like crazy then started swelling up etc. I hope to get back into it asap after baby though. ;)

I hope you deliver soon, Jess! The swelling you've had the past couple weeks must be so uncomfortable. And April's birthstone is a diamond -- DH could certainly get you a great gift! J/K -- we don't do "pushing gifts," as I've heard them called. :p

Sweetpea, my m/s didn't ebb until about week 12 or 13. With DD, it literally disappeared the first day of week 13. This time, it came and went. I hope yours goes away soon. I know some ladies who suffered the entire pregnancy :( And your energy will come back soon too. Your body is making a lot of important things during these weeks -- it needs to rest!

I managed to work out the past 3 days - yay! 9 mile walk, Leaner Legs, and PS Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps. I haven't been doing true ab work, though. Anyone have any recommendations for a DVD or book for those?

Also, I keep meaning to ask -- are any of you drinking protein shakes while pregnant? I've always liked them after weight work, or as a snack when I'm starving but don't want to eat. I haven't had one since January, and I'm going through withdrawls! Again, any recommendations? The one I have here has creatine listed in the ingredients, so I know that's out.

Hi all,

I'm 38 weeks today and still tiny, but not as worried as I was. I had no m/s, but just nauseas in the 1st trimester. Last night I was lying on the floor and Ryan kicked me so hard that it felt like an electrical current was running down my right side. B/H were so strong, but nothing moving down my lower back. It felt like my right hip was going to pop out of the socket.

Jen (Sweatpea)--your energy will come back. The 2nd trimester was the worst for me as I had terrible lower back pain. Now I have tons of energy and am 38 weeks.

Good luck Jess!!! If we don't hear from you we'll know where you're at.

Skyy--how are your workouts going?

PennStater--I don't drink protein shakes, but rather take in whole foods.

hi laura!

workouts are getting better! i try to kick it up a notch, but then have to back off a little-i feel good after the workout- then in morning- pain in the lower area.-- this is after i run. so, i've started to pull out dusty workout Dvds. i'll pm you an update.

good news-- i have my pp appointment tomorrow! i'll see what the doc says....

Skyy- my appt is tomorrow too - Brody is 6 weeks tomorrow!

Good luck at yours!

My workouts are great and fine BUT...Brody wakes up and screams everytime. I am beginning to get frustrated. Today, I was REALLLLLY in a groove when he screamed bloody murder 20 minutes into my step routine. He will sleep for hours and hours, but it seems when I want to eat a meal or workout, he cries. I don't mean to sound angry, I just need to shed 10-ish lbs and it is hard when I have to hold him all the time. By the time DH gets home I lose motivation to workout in the evening when he can watch him. Do you have this problem at all?

Anyhoo, HELLO all you preggos!!!!! It won't be long now! You excited??? I miss talking to you all.

Clarissa

Hey everyone. just an update. I went to the dr today. My neighbor is an OB and I asked him his opinion on something. My vision got SUPER blurry yesterday so I could hardly focus on anything. He said its probably swelling near my eyes. Its mostly better today though. but I told him about the platelets etc and he said I should come in today to get my BP and check my labs. Unfortunately the platelets took a big nose dive and are pretty low. So they are giving me steriods the next few days and I'll be induced on Friday. so thats my news. unless he comes on his own sooner I'll see him Friday. ;) They hope the steriods will raise my platelets pretty good by Friday so I can get meds if I want to. he'll be 39 weeks and 3 days.

Hey everyone. just an update. I went to the dr today. My neighbor is an OB and I asked him his opinion on something. My vision got SUPER blurry yesterday so I could hardly focus on anything. He said its probably swelling near my eyes. Its mostly better today though. but I told him about the platelets etc and he said I should come in today to get my BP and check my labs. Unfortunately the platelets took a big nose dive and are pretty low. So they are giving me steriods the next few days and I'll be induced on Friday. so thats my news. unless he comes on his own sooner I'll see him Friday. ;) They hope the steriods will raise my platelets pretty good by Friday so I can get meds if I want to. he'll be 39 weeks and 3 days.

Jess..... Yea!!! good luck, I know you can't wait to see Liam!!!! (we can't wait for the good news!!!)

That is how I felt Jess. I was told on a Monday night that they would induce me Wed morning. I was a wreck. Excited, but nervous. Especially that I knew what to expect!!!

I wish you the VERY BEST of luck. Liam will be in your arms in a few days or less!

Hi Clarissa.... I saw your post about Brody sleeping. It must have been a fluke with Anna sleeping all day. She stayed up all night!!! She must have her days and nights mixed up!!!:(

Woohoo, Jess! Only 2 more days!! That's so exciting!

Laura, it sounds like Ryan could be here any time too! Yea!!

Clarissa, I understand your frustration. I have about 10 lbs to lose (ugh..it came off so easily with my first child). Once I finally get Emily to nap and all is well, then I feel like I need to play and have one-on-one time with Cale. By the time everyone is content, I'm exhausted from being up late with DD. I finally got in a full Cathe workout yesterday while DS was at preschool and DD napped in her bouncy.

Skyy, glad to see you're doing well! High-five on the workouts! = )

Tana

Jess~

How low are your platelets? Mine were down to 54000 when I was pg with Jadon. They didn't feel like steroids would raise it high enough to get meds...thus the repeat the c/s. What steroids & dosing are they using? Just curious.

Wishing you a healthy & easy labor!!!

Jess, how exciting that this is the week!! Scary about your vision. I know you're on the fence about induction, but it sounds like it might be the best course of action for your health.

Laura, glad you're feeling well! I've been eating more whole foods this time than when preggers with DD. But I really miss chocolate protein shakes!! LOL I found a smoothie booklet at the grocery checkout; picked that up for some ideas -- I figure it's good for more fruit and calcium while pregnant :)

Clarissa, I get frustrated when interrupted during a workout too. But I wanted to say how awesome I think it is that you only have 10 pounds to go!!

Melanie - My platelets hit 60,000 tuesday (I was 39 weeks exactly). that was a 30,000 drop from one week ago. so if I just keep going they could drop another dip I guess. before that they were going only 10,000 a week or so down.
They got to 50,000 with my first son when they induced at 37 weeks(also for preeclampsia) and they didn't do steriods then either. this is my first time with steriods. I'm taking one pill for 4 days (tues-fri) of prednisone. 50mg each. Crossing fingers it works. really hoping so. We'll see I guess.

Clarissa/Skyy - hope your workouts are going well. I can't wait to get to workout. I hope I can ok with the baby and two boys at home with me. I'm going to have my hands so full. Didn't stop me from getting sts cardio and the pull up tower haha. I'm eager. I think I'm going to start with CLX though and some short cardios like turbo jam. work my way back to the harder ones.

Thanks for the goodluck vibes everyone. I'll update as soon as I can. I probably wont have internet at the hospital so it'll probably be sometime after I'm back home. I'm getting my haircut and nails done today. I may go by my friends spa and let her do this accupressure induction stuff. it may help him be more ready to come at the least. or possibly make the induction friday go better.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.