week of 4/13 checkin

Goodmorning all. Starting a new week so new checkin.

Laura -glad your able to cut back some. are you keeping up with that amount ok?

My feet are a bit swollen the last few days. have to wear flip flops. but those make my feet hurt when I walk on them much. I need some super cooshy shoes to wear around haha.

Jess, absolutely get yourself some comfortable shoes!! I think they are ugly, but I broke down and bought a pair of Crocs last year to wear around "camp" while doing the Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk. Ugly, but soooo comfy after walking 20+ miles a day!! And they are loose enough that your feet can swell a bit but the shoe should still fit fine :)

I'm procrastinating -- need to do a workout ASAP, before DD wakes up from her nap.

DD celebrated her 3rd birthday on Friday -- where did the time go?!? I've been told to expect the naps to stop soon, but I'm not ready for that change LOL

I think my youngest stopped taking naps when he was still 2. oh well. they do grow fast!!! my oldest just turned 11. ugh!! :( hope you got your workout in!

I don't know if I'll get shoes or not. I only got a couple weeks to go.. I think I can tuff out my flip flops.. but just on days I have a lot of walking like my appt days I need something better. I think I walked a few miles going back and forth inside and to the parking lot there last time. will be the same this wednesday.

Jess--good luck on finding the shoes. Yeah, I'm able to keep up with not working out so hard, but my office is in the process of moving so I'll be out of the office a lot this week. Sorry if I don't post so often.

PennStater--did you get your workout in?

Hi all,

Just marking a spot-- not much time to post lately. Just got back from a family spring break trip. I'm very happy to be home!! staying in a hotel with the kids was no fun. Anna did great for the 9 hour drive!!

workouts are going great. however, I think I put on 5 lbs eating out since last week!!

have a good night ladies,

Skyy, you took a newborn on a 9 hour car trip? You are one brave woman!! Glad to hear your workouts are going so well. You must be feeling great if you're able to workout so soon. That's wonderful!

Laura, good luck with the office move. That's never fun.

I did get my workout in the other day. You'll all laugh when I tell you what I settled on. I'll preface my confession by saying that I was really tired and my stomach a bit off (from the Easter candy I'm sure :eek:). I went with a Walk Away the Pounds 3 mile walk, followed by Pilates! Ha!

Today it was 4DS Kickbox, the cardio section only. Tomorrow needs to be upper body weights, because my arms are feeling so flabby :eek:

Hope everyone is having a good week!
Allison

hello everyone.
Skyy -glad you had a good trip :) well its fun to splurge on a trip.. but then its not as hard to eat better when home when you get that out of your system.

Laura- hope the office move is going well.

Pennstater -its good to have easier days and harder days. I go with how I feel too. I'm eager to workout again. I don't know if I could get my feet into my w/o shoes now cause they are swollen.

Well still deciding on if I will be induced tuesday or not. going back and forth with it. they put it all on me. there are pros/cons. sigh. very tired so gotta get to bed. have another long day tomorrow.

Where is everyone!??!

How are you ladies doing? Hope all is well.
Jess-- have you made a decision about the induction? I was hoping that the 5 pounds that I gained was water weight, but now it is looking like it is not water. The scale has not budged in days..... It could be that now I am exercising-- I am eating more.
someone in the open forum said.... "you can't outrun what you eat" and I am seeing that now. oh well.....

Allison... I was nervous about taking the baby on the trip but she did really well. She slept most of the way!! (I hate to fly-- so if I can drive somewhere-- I'm at it). How are you doing?

Skyy -could you have regained some muscle? If I start working out after a bit sometimes that happens first and I think thats why.
glad your trip went well. :) I may cancel the induction. I'd rather him come on his own. it'll be soon enough anyway. talking to the anesthesiologist it sounds like I have good chances of being offered meds as long as they don't take a nose dive the next few weeks or till he comes.

Hope everyone is else doing well! :)

where is everyone?? Its raining cats and dogs today (and yesterday) kinda bored right now. my kids are playing their weekend game cube time. going to go fix some breakfast I guess. no news on the baby front. seems hes nice and cozy in there still ;).

Hi Jess..
I'm here. I hear you about the rain. Today is the 2nd day that it has NOT rained in about 1 week!! not much is going on this end either!! but it is kind of nice.:D

Hi all,

The move went well and now it's over! Yeah!!! I only have about two weeks left of work as Ryan's due date is 5 May. I"m going to work up until the end, whenever that will be. I've taken the last two days off of working out and done nothing. I've heard that people tend to lose weight in the last month of pregnancy and I certainly don't want that to happen. The baby is getting bigger, but s/he is taking from my stores. Not good. I feel like I'm gorging myself on peanut butter and carbs. I even bought Ben and Jerry's, which I never do!

I'm looking forward to meeting Ryan, but getting very scared too as it's almost over.

How about the rest of you? It seems that everyone has had their babies and we don't have anyone left. :(

Laura -yep I'm looking forward to it but anxious also.
Hope you can keep your weight up. I think I've gained a few lbs the last month from swelling. my feet swell awful bad if I do any walking on them at all.

Skyy-hope your weather clears. we get rain here and there and its gone. seems its gone now. was a two day thing. we need it though or we get all dried out.

Well I'm so sick today. :( I had a headache all night long. this morning real early I started throwing up and also had diarrhea. I couldn't keep much water down. I felt so bad I couldn't do much about it. my mom was concerned and said to call L&D but now I'm feeling a bit better. I have been drinking electrolite water and kept a banana down. my tummy just feels off and my headache thankfully has gone down a few notches. sigh!!!!!!! :( I'm going to try to eat some oatmeal or something. its lunch time and thats all I've had all day is a banana.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.