Watercoolers Wandering Weekend

Hi Ladies,

Getting us started for the weekend.

Laurie... Hope you find a beautiful, WARM dress to buy!!!!

Kim... How did the interview go?

Jeanette.... Baby still stinks. She must have rolled over something more foul than an earthworm. LOL Thanks for the evaporated milk idea.

Debra... Have fun at Chapel Hill!!!! Have a drink for me!:)

I have yoga scheduled for today. But, I want to do Legs and Back. Since I don't have a pull-up bar here, I suppose I could use my bands. Oooo! Better idea, I'll only do the legs part and follow up with yoga.

Chat more later.

Wendy

Morning,
No workout for me this morning. We're heading out to get firewood. I'm sitting here stalling and eating my oatmeal. DH wants me to heat the chile relleno casserole and put it in an insulated bag for eating later. Guess I'll do it. It's not raining, yet. When we get home, I'm hoping to do a little house cleanup and go practice some golf or even play 9 holes if the weather cooperates. Tomorrow is supposed to be much nicer so will be getting wood again. First day of woodcutting is always a bugger. You think you are in pretty good shape, but that woodcutting is still out of the comfort zone. You adjust pretty quickly though.

Will catch up with you guys when I get back or later tonite.

Wendy, try the evaporated milk, can't hurt. Legs and yoga sounds good to me. Today was supposed to be S&H Legs for me. It'll have to wait until Monday or Tuesday I think.

Just finished BootCamp! Forgot to mention yesterday that I did do PS Legs and Abs. I'm finished the Sept rotation except for Rythmic Step instead of doing RS tomorrow I might skip it and take a rest day tomorrow. My body feels like it needs it and start the Oct rotation Monday. I'm not that big of a fan of RS and just did it on the Sept rotation.

Thanks for the good luck vibes on the interview. Once I got there the nerves vanished and I felt okay. There were 4 people doing the interview and they took turns asking the questions. I talked alot, didn't say anything I regret but of course answering on the spot like that you always think of better things you could have said. I had no trouble answering something to each of the questions. Then afterwards there was a 20 min written section, a case history with questions. I think I know who wrote the case history and she hasn't worked clinically in 20 years, it was poorly written so hard to write answers too. SInce they are just developing this program all the staff will be new, they are not making job offers until the end of October so won't know until then if I got the job. I think I would take it if I was offered, quite a bit more money and very interesting to be in on the ground floor of a new program. But I do enjoy my present job so will be a hard decision but this job would definitely be a career advancement.

Wendy How did the football game go? Did you let Baby sleep inside last night or was she banished to the porch??

Laurie CONGRAT to dd! That's great that you got to be there to watch her! Taking a multi vitamin is probably a good idea, but I never have. I have a very underactive thyroid and have been on meds for quite a few years, I guess it's a life time thing. After I was diagnosed both my sisters went in and asked to be tested and they both were hypothyroid as well.

Got to go get dd off to swimming lessons Kim

Hi gals,
Pretty quiet day today. Maybe it's quiet because I've had a plugged ear for now 2 weeks. I'm hard of hearing in my left ear, and this is in my right ear so the world is a bit silent. Kind of handy, though. ;) Useful when I don't want to hear what DH is saying to me. Actually, we had a good time getting our load of wood this morning. Got home and relaxed a bit, did dishes, washed clothes, then went to the golf course to do a bit of practice. Came home and made some chocolate chip cookies, an Alton Brown Food Network recipe for chewy chocolate chips. I haven't made cookies in ages and ages. They did turn out well. I put them in a freezer bag and they are in the freezer. Tomorrow morning, DH and I will head back out for another load of wood. This will be the pattern for the next month I think, though I may only have to go one day on the weekend.

Kim, sounds like you did well on the job interview. WTG!!! How many others interviewed for the position? Great job on finishing the Sept. rotation. Did you have great results? My eating has been terrible lately, sigh. I'm going to have my thyroid checked soon when I go have my physical. Glad that your DS is not feeling the pain so often. Hope he gets his cast off soon. Has it been 6 weeks already???

Wendy, did you get Baby cleaned up? I was thinking of you today while I was packing rounds of wood. I think I did your Back workout for you. Did you stay warm enough during the football game last night? Did Phil come last night? :p

Traci, glad you popped in! Sounds like you don't believe all the nastiness is gone from Wendy! I'm sure it is, really.

Laurie, good to hear from you. Wow, your DD is breaking her PB's each time! Why did they tell you you needed a multivitamin? I am soooo bad about taking pills. It's kind of the rebel in me. I think about doing it and then decide not to. I know I need to. The casserole isn't that spicy. I made ours spicier by adding the spicy salsa to it, but the other one that was eaten at work wasn't spicy. You can make it really mild, for the chickens. Yep, we got drizzled on today while cutting wood. No downpours though, so it was tolerable. And the temps weren't cold either so I didn't have to go sit it out in the pickup.

Debra, bet you are celebrating CBL's birthday right now. Hope you are having a grand time. Hope Julia enjoys the new keyboard. Is this her first shot at lessons? Does she play a little already? I sure wish I'd played when I was younger. All I ever played was guitar. Our parents bought us a cheapo guitar with Blue Chip stamps when we were lower grade school. We played it a lot and learned a bunch of chords and sang "On Top of Old Smokey", and "Clementine" and all kinds of songs. They eventually bought me a better guitar in 6th grade. Yep, me and my sisters played and sang all thru high school together. We all sang together at Grandma's "wake" in June. It was nice.

Well, I must get to bed now. Big wood day tomorrow. Oh joy!:rolleyes:

Good Afternoon Ladies,

I got up early this morning to take middle ds to work. Came back and did legs and yoga since I didn't get to it yesterday. Instead, I baked apple pies and went out with dh for a couple of drinks.

Kim... I'm not a big fan of RS either. Take a rest day, you deserve it for sticking to the Sept rotation!!!! Wow! You must have a good memory to have an idea of who wrote a 20 year old case history!!! I'm sure you did great at the interview!!! Our team lost the game. It's okay. We got there late since we had to wait for dh to show up with our coats and gloves. Baby hasn't been banished to the deck since her bath. We've been watching her like a hawk everytime she goes outside. I think we just need to buy a more potent doggie shampoo.

Jeanette... You had a busy day yesterday. While you were baking cookies, I was baking my apple pies. I think cookies sound better right now. Have you seen a doctor about your ear? That's a long time for it to be congested. Phil talks about getting a wood stove. But, we'll probably buy our wood.:) Who's the Laziest Xer Now? Come to think of it... It's Phil!!!!:eek::D:D:D Thanks for doing my back workout!!! How's your arms holding up?

Laurie... I never take my multivitamin horsepill. I bought mine from GNC. It has a nasty taste and after taste. If you find one that is tolerable, let me know.

Debra... Hope you didn't partay too hard last night. No hangovers okay!

Hope everyone has a good day.

Wendy

Having a nice relaxing Sunday went to church and then took the kids to a farm that decorates and does Halloween stuff. Beautiful fall afternoon. Rest day for me.

Wendy The apple pies sound yummy! Will have to do some pumpkin pies this week for Thanksgiving. Actually my memory isn't that good, LOL, I just meant that I'm sure I know the person that wrote the case history we had to answer, and since she has worked in the clinic in 20 yrs (she's in government administration) she really doesn't know what goes on in the clinic anymore so it was a poorly written exam so hard to answer the questions. They should have had someone who has actually treated a patient in the last couple of decades design the clinical questions.:confused:

Jeanette Any idea why your ear is plugged?? DH's ears always plug up, their not painful just plugged. So he can't hear me or so he says. My eating is always terrible :confused: so I understand. I did see some good results from the Sept rotation. Yup, 6 weeks ago today since ds broke his leg, AUg 24th, time sure flies! That's nice that you and your sister's sing together! Are your kids musical? Do you go wood cutting again today?

Kim

Hi gals,
DH and I got a nice big load of wood today. I was getting tired by the end. We cut down 2 dead trees and one of them was pretty big around so DH did some splitting. Got back home and I took a little nap, then showered and played a little golf. I didn't sleep well last night as I took a Clarinex before bed hoping that it would help my plugged ear and all it did was keep me awake all night. I'm going to call the dr. tomorrow and see if he can see me and take care of my ear, plus I need to have a physical. Hope it doesn't take too long to get in. I'll probably just see a physician's assistant as it can take a long time to get into the dr. We'll see.

Kim, I think the ear is plugged with wax. DH got the flashlight out and claims he can see a big plug. I think that's probably the case. It's starting to drive me nuts as there is a bit of pressure at times. I've been putting an ear oil in to soften. Our kids aren't musical, though DD played the flute when she was in high school. DH sings in the shower pretty well, actually has a nice voice. Glad the September rotation was effective for you. For a long time, I was pretty diligent to eat clean. This past year hasn't been so good. Just not motivated for some reason.

Wendy, the apple pie sounds great and I know it is cuz I've tried your recipe! Yumm! Bet you had a nice time going out with your DH for drinks. Yep, I'm going to have the ear looked at. I just was thinking it was allergy or something like that but now I'm thinking it can be easily taken care of with the wax softening and dr. irrigation. Can't wait to be able to hear again. I know lots of people that are going back to burning wood for heat around here. Hey, if I had the money, I'd be buying the wood instead of breaking my back and packing those big rounds. Then you have to still split it and stack it. Lots of heat from this wood, so my Dad always says.

Better go now. We're watching GOLD FEVER on TV. It's a weekly show that I tape for DH. He loves his gold prospecting. Of course, on the show, they show gold nuggets. I haven't seen any of that yellow color in the pan yet. Think we're looking in the wrong places.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.