**** Watercoolers Sunny Weekend *****

MommaPew

Cathlete
Morning All:

A bit tired this a.m. Went out for beer after winning our BB game last night and up early with DS. On my 2nd cup of coffee but will be going for 3rds in a minute. LOL

Want to try a Turkey Lasagna recipe so bought all the fixins at lunch yesterday the DH went & used our last onion so have to get out and get another one sometime today. Will probably wash the car on the lawn too, Matthew likes to help with that. Brent has gone to work at the cottage today so just the 2 of us right now (as I yawn).

I guess I have Plyo on tap for sometime today but may be taking a nap this afternoon and do it in the evening. Will see how it goes. Might get out and check out pull up bars today too.

Wendy - LOL at the band incidence. I looped mine over the door yesterday and 1/2 way thru it snapped off the door and hit me right in the chest so after that I just sat and wrapped it around my feet and did rows instead. Lunch sounded delicisious. I ended up ordering from Shop Northern.ca and regular shipping was $20 and of course upgrade for express shipping for another $5. I didn't pay for the upgrade for got that service thats for sure. I also ordered my TJ from them and they were that quick too. They are a Canadian Distributor out of Toronto so I expected only 2-3 days for shipping. I'm glad you're taking it easy and letting your body recover. You want to be ready for STS when it comes out. Wonder if Chalene's Exteme will be out at the same time.

Jeanette - I didn't work up a sweat for my 1st w/o and when I hear everyone heavy breathing I wonder if I'm not doing some of it right. I can't do the pushups anywhere near as fast as they do so that maybe some of it too! I just have to be carefull that I still push myself b/c Tony almost gives you an "out" by saying do just what you can which can be easy to give up early rather than pushing yourself. I'm feeling my abs today:p especially my lower abs which needs the most work. Some of it I know I'll have to work up to and while they are all very good abs excercises if you don't have strong abs to begin with they are almost contraindicated.

Laurie & Kim - hope you had a good Friday.

Any plans for the weekend. Hope everyone's is starting off well.

Hi all! No time for a real post since I am at BFF's...but just wanted to say hello! Her laptop doesn't have a 'c' key...it is weird to type on it...lol! Anyhoo...made it own safe after a rough drive down yesterday...DD is off with one of her local friends to see the American Girl movie, so my BFF and I have a few hours to visit.

Wendy...
Sorry to hear about Tony Snow. That is a shame. But you really got me laughing about the bug-eyed guy in massage school...I bet he can't wait until glute day so that he can get hold of your bootay...LOL!!!!!

Okay...hi to everyone else and have a great weekend!!

kisses...
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

Let Awe flow through you. Don’t let even the smallest things be taken for granted or grow stale---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Wendy, I don't know who Tony Snow is;( I take it, he's an actor what was he in? When is your appt with the doctor?

+ Rotation, Week 3 Day 7 Rest Day
Went and did a 4 mile run/walk this morning with my friend. Super windy outside. We walked the last .25 mile or sore because her knee was bothering her. Got home and the whole household (including the dog) were still in bed :7 We were planning on going strawberry picking today, I like to pick and freeze them for over the winter but it's supposed to be rainy/windy all day so may wait until tomorrow.

Last night we went out for dinner, then bought ds new goalie pads ($250) and then took dd to build a bear (she had money from my mom and wanted a new teddy bear). Nice evening but very expensive.

Patricia The first time I did Chest/Back I got so nauseous, thought I would be sick but you're right that you can definitely choose how much effort to put in. Did you preview the other workouts?? I haven't heard of Shop Northern.ca, I'll have to check it out.

Jeanette What is peleton? I haven't ordered CC8, my MP3 player is almost full and I'm not running much right now so won't rush to get it. Let me know how you like it.

Might spend some time today update my resume, there's a job I'm sort of thinking of applying for. Some good points, it's an area that I had plan to further my career in and pays more. But the cons are it's full time ;) and only for a year. It's the same union so I can transfer to that job for a year and then come back to my present job without penalty but wouldn't make my present coworkers too happy with me.

The job is visiting at risk seniors in their homes to try and reduce hospital/nursing home admissions. Sort of assessing their home and what supports are needed to keep them independent as long as possible. I think I would have an excellent job of getting it but can't decide if I want it. ;( ;(
Kim

Patti just emailed me. The ladies from the yoga studio are going to order lunch from the Thai restaurant. I would love it if Nida got more business during the weekdays too.

Kim: Tony Snow was the former White House Press Secretary. He used to be on Fox News. Nicole just to say I have a thing for journalists, and Phil shouldn't let me watch the news. }( :+ Here's an article about him from AOL
http://news.aol.com/story/_a/former...09990001?icid=100214839x1205456327x1200269555
You're a good friend to walk the last part of the run. OUCH! Hockey is expensive!!! About the job: Go for it! Your co-workers will get over it. There's gotta be worse things in life for them to fume over. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Peleton is the name of one of the bikers???

Debra: Shuuush!!! Phil and I are in no mood to take the swanettes to the movies!!!! }(

Patricia: Yeah, the first week of the X is a learning experience. For Phil and me, we pushed ourselves way hard. Phil could barely finish the second round. We had DOMS ALL week!!! By the end of the week, Phil didn't have a single DOMS-free body part!!!:7 You'll get better with pushing and pacing yourself the second and third time through. Depending on what the doc says, I might have to cancel STS.

Jeanette: My appointment is on Tuesday. Reminders please.:D Oooo, congrats on your CC purchases!!! I agree. Tell the Captain that is so NOT funny!!! He can only goose you during front frog jumps.:+

Okay ladies, off to rub some serum into my scalp.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Good Early Evening Everyone

Had to go out for my onion this a.m. so stopped at 2 thrift shops next to the grocery store and got Shape it Up and Tear it Up for $4. each. I already have the series but figured it would be good to have for trading. Was really looking for a pull up bar b/4 going to buy it retail.

Did Plyo today. I really liked it. Seemed easier than a Cathe w/o in that less impact and gives you good recovery breaks. My chest and back and tummy have DOMS today.

Kim - DH will have DS in hockey but not as a goalie due to the expense. He was a goalie growing so he knows the $$ spent along with the heavier equipment bag:eek: Some rest day going for a run. I don't think you should worry about what your co-workers think about your job move if you get it. You have to look after yourself and realize your own aspirations. So go for it.

Wendy - Sorry to hear about your Tony. Never heard of him but don't exactly watch too much of your news:p Hope your appt goes well and that you don't have to cancel STS after all this wait.

Debra - glad to hear you're enjoying yourself.

I'm making a new recipe for dinner tonight and must go and check to see if dinner is done cooking. I'm starving.

Wendy I would guess she means news from the USA

Gots lots of errands and housework done on this cold rainy day. Then watched a movied with the family this evening. I didn't even start to work on my resume, seems like such a huge job to start updating it after 13 years. I guess you're supposed to keep it updated. Kim

Wendy, I read the article, very sad he was quite young. His face looked familiar I think I have seen him on the news before.

Patricia, yes stay away from the goalie position if at all possible. Hockey is expensive enough. The new goalie pads (replacing the ancient ones bought last august x( )) are needed so ds can attend the goalie camp next week which costs $550 for one week! Hmm, I guess I should go work on the resume.

Kim, Glad you got a lot accomplished today!!! Too bad you didn't have someone else do your resume. When would you need to have it finished? Yes, it is very sad. Fox News is devoting all night to paying him tribute. He had three children 11 to 16 years old. His mother also fell victim to the same cancer and passed when he was 17 years old.

Patricia: The reason I asked what you meant is because your link or animation doesn't show up on my computer.

Okay, have some emails to reply and yoga on tonight's to-do list.

Wendy

Just now checking in. No workout for me this morning. Decided to start helping DH outside with the painting on the overhang, moved firewood from one spot to another, etc. so felt like I got plenty of exercise. After all that non-grasshopper stuff, I ate, showered and played 9 holes of golf. I was the only person out on the back 9 and it was very pleasant, though warm when I started. Tomorrow morning is the group bike ride.

Patricia, how was the lasagne? It sounds yummy! Nice having a clean car too. I washed mine last week and finally put the custom seat cover on the back seat so all is protected now. I don't let the dogs ride in my little car so no nose prints. I noticed when I did P90X that I didn't huff and puff as much as Tony and crew. However, I remember doing PlyoX in the 3rd week and just about hit a wall. After that, I started feeling better. I think maybe us Catheites just do more cardio than Tony and Co. so possibly in better shape cardio-wise. Congrats on the BB win! You guys must have a pretty decent team. How many different teams are there in your league?

Wendy, I heard about Tony Snow this morning and thought of you. So sad. I'll try to remember to remind you about your dr. appointment, but I'm thinking the pain in your shoulder will be a better reminder. Sounds like you have some experience with being goosed :p Who do you think the cheapest supplier of MyChelle products is? I'm getting ready to order. Still having lots of fun with the samples. I like the smell of the creamy pumpkin cleanser and moisturizer.

Debra, glad you could check in and made it okay. Hope you have a wonderful and relaxing time.

Kim, strawberry picking sounds fun! Hope the weather cooperates so you can go tomorrow. Weather here has been in the 90's, but comfortable for me now that I've gotten used to it. Wow, goalie pads are expensive! The peleton is the main group of riders. In the case of the Tour De France, usually there are around 200 riders. I think I will buy another mp3 player as my little one is full with Cardio Coach workouts and my regular music. I'd like to have another one just for workouts. I say go for the new job if it interests you. Sounds really interesting.

I'm taking next Friday off from work and will play golf in the town where the ride takes place. Playing golf on Friday and bike ride on Saturday. I've heard the golf course is really pretty and I've been wanting to try it out.

Now back to the Tour...

Jeanette

Good Sunday Morning All

Went to bed by 8 last night I was so tired from the lack of sleep Fri. Glad I did my w/o in the afternoon or it wouldn't have gotten done. Woke up in the middle of the night and was sick. I wonder if I ate something yesterday that didn't sit with me. Everyone else is okay and I feel fine now.

Watching Coronation Street and will leave soon to go to Matthew's play-date, then home for lunch and get my next w/o in. I think it's legs and back off the top of my head. Also have BB again at 8:30 tonight.

Wendy - I have no idea how that animation got into my post.;( So no wonder you're confused.

Jeanette - I would think sometimes it's nice to have the course to yourself? The lasagne turned out good. It doesn't have any pasta or cheese in it so needed something more filling with like a bun or even potatoes.

Kim - I've worked for the same company now over 10yrs so would hate to go thru the interview process. I've had to update my resume a couple times in order to apply for the CGA program and also to give to a Client. In construction we frequently have to give resumes for the key people working on the project and while the Accountant isn't usually considered key people in one instance it was. Would the job you're applying for mean you have to interview with strangers or do you know the people doing the hiring? In construction it feels like you're starting a new job with every project so it helps for when you start to get either bored and upset with the people you're working with that it's only "temporary" and the next project is not too far away.

Okay, time to get myself presentable.

Good Morning Ladies,

Jeanette: Have a great ride today!!! I'm not sure where to find the best prices. I'm always leery of purchasing creams that I plan on smearing on my face from an unknown company. I won't even buy professional shampoo/conditioner meant to be sold only in authorized salons from places like CVS or Target. Because those places go through a middle man instead of buying directly from the source. And, well, Asia is real good with producing imitations and passing them off as the real deal. And, sometimes the products are OLD, expired, or soon to be expired products being sold in mass amounts to places like CVS, Target, etc... With that being said, MyChelle doesn't include an expiration date on their products. I need to contact them and ask why and what their shelf life is. There is a store in State College that sells MyChelle for a little less than retail. And, if I purchase $100, they give a 10% discount. However, their MyChelle products are displayed in front of the store's glass windows. So, they're sitting in the sun day in and day out. That can't be good. If you find a reputable dealer with lower prices, let me know!!! I haven't been goosed in a good long time while exercising, not since Phil stopped doing the X with me. However, it was never while I was lifting weights. That is scary. I wouldn't want you to throw your back out either. Poor Captain, did he feel bad after he did that?

Patricia: Thanks for understanding. I also noticed that I typed Pat. I'm so bad about wanting to type that because I'm lazy. Sorry. I noticed when doing the X that I was always tired. Lifting heavy made me hungry and tired. I didn't gain weight though!

Kim: Did you get to pick strawberries yesterday? How's the weather today?

It's a lazy day for me today. I might run up to Barnes and Nobles if I decide to venture out in public. ;-)

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Got my resume done this morning but haven't emailed it yet;( Has to be there by Tuesday, I'll send it and maybe go for an interview to find out more, I can decide then if I really want it or not.

YogaX done, yet again. DS did it with me :+ Nice to have company. I told him he should get a good stretch before going to goalie camp and football practice this week. He has goalie camp from 9-3 this week and football practice from 6:30-8:30, he's going to be a tired boy.

Going to have lunch and then head out to the strawberry farm. :9 :9
Kim

Afternoon All:

Just finished Shoulders & Arms + Ab Ripper.

Had a fun morning at the playdate. May have to go searching for a motorized truck now. Off to find somthing to eat.

Just back from a day at the beach!! It was wonderful weather...sunny, breezy, etc. The water was very warm too...made for a great day. I have finally started reading novels again...for the past year I haven't been able to concentrate that long, but it seems to have gotten better..so I am off for now to read and relax a bit more before dinner. I love coming to my BFF's....I always relax and sleep a lot. DD also has a great time.

Sounds like everyone is doing well this weekend. DD and I head back to NC in the morning, so I will get back on track with personals then. Hopefully I will be able to slow down a bit this week and not be in such a rush every day!

Kisses to all....
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

Let Awe flow through you. Don’t let even the smallest things be taken for granted or grow stale---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Took dd's Trek to the bike shop. She wiped out her gear shifter handle a few weeks ago. Then dh bought a shower filter and new shower head. We haven't decided if we'll invest the money now for a whole house water treatment system or get a reverse osmosis system for the kitchen sink. Spent the rest of the day at my neighbor's pool. It was nice to relax and do nothing.

Debra: What novel did you read? Is it good enough to recommend?

Chat more later. Gotta make dinner. It's gonna be a late night.

Wendy

Hi all,
Just a short one here. Will be heading to bed soon. Just 2 of us on the group ride today so I picked a 40 mile route with lots of climbing. It was warm and I was kind of tired when the ride was over. Relaxed a bit during the afternoon, then DH and I went to the golf course and he drove a cart for me. We had fun. Tomorrow night is a bike ride with girlfriends. It will be another assault on the dreaded Janesville Grade, but that should get my legs good and ready for an organized ride this coming Saturday. I put a new saddle on my bike recently and still don't have it dialed in. I adjusted it this afternoon, I'll know a little bit more tomorrow if it's better. Right now, my crotch hurts. I hate getting a new saddle because it takes a while to get the position just right. Hope I have it dialed in by next Saturday or it's going to be a sore 60 or so miles. Bet you wish you were me, huh?

Patricia, bummer on eating something that didn't agree. Think that's only happened a handful of times in my lifetime. I have a regular garbage gut. Glad the lasagne turned out well. DH and I again had the course pretty much to ourselves. Of course I had to tell him how and where to drive the cart (I'm a total back seat driver), but he paid attention and was doing fine by the end of the 9 holes. He did say he had fun and enjoyed getting outside. Did you win your game tonite? Did you like Shoulders & Arms? That's the glamour muscle workout, isn't it?

Wendy, guess I've never wondered about products being imitations or stored incorrectly. I'm just too lazy to check. No, DH didn't feel bad about goosing me and thinking he could injure me. I kind of overreacted as usual. Felt good to chew him out a bit }( . Glad you could sit and enjoy the pool. When is the hair dye day?

Kim, did you pick lots of strawberries? Someday, maybe I'll plant some and have them fresh whenever I want. Oh, who am I kidding? I'm too busy being a grasshopper. That was nice that DS did YogaX with you. He sounds like quite a great kid.

Debra, sounds like the trip was just the ticket for you. Glad you can sit and do some reading. Drive safe coming back home.

Okay, see y'all in the morning. Think I will do a chest, triceps and abs workout. This past week was kind of hit and miss.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.