**** Watercoolers Hump Day Wednesday ****

MommaPew

Cathlete
Morning All:

My butt is feeling a little DOMS. I didn't realize how much of a w/or P90X legs was until this a.m. I think I have Kenpo X on the schedule this evening then a rest day - yeah.

Jeanette - I can just imagine the worry of not finding those keys. I agree losing them at a prison would be the ultimate no-no}( Glad it worked out for you. LOL at the hair colour comment. Yep, we leading our Division I think we're 10-1. The only other team that had lost 1 game we played them on Sun. and kicked they're butt so we're officially in the lead now. This may bump us up to the next Division which is okay in away but then we're at a disadvantage as not having played against the teams b/4 so don't know how they hit & field but then so are they I guess so it all = out. No BB until Sunday evening and then it's a double header to make up for another rain-out game.

Wendy - don't your cars registration expire on your birthday? That's how we do it up here so convenient for remembering. I remember my sisters 1st car and she didn't know this and got pulled over. The cop was going to give her a ticket but took kindly on her inexperience and let her go. It was a Sat. a.m. and our DMV's have some open 1/2days Sat. so needless to say she headed straight there!

Okay - gotta get some work done. Going to be taking a site tour shortly here. I haven't been out on site for a couple months so anxious to see the progress.

Good morning,
Today was Cardio Fusion (step premix). Good little sweat going right now. Have golf after work.

Patricia, I was always really sore after Legs & Back, whereas most weighted leg work doesn't get to me. WTG on doing so well on your BB team. In California, our registration due date is based on when you bought your car, so at least you can spread the pain around I do agree that birthdate would be easier to remember.

Off to watch the Tour.

Jeanette

It's been and will be a busy day. I have to leave in a couple of hours for PT. I'll be back on late tonight to catch up with personals.

Ballistic Hugs!
Wendy

Hi guys,

Wendy, I'm glad the issue with the shoulder is just tendonitis and nothing more serious. I'm sure that can end up also being nagging though. I think I had it off and on for years in the tendon behind my left knee when I was younger. It rarely bothers me now though. You mentioned a reverse osmosis under the counter water filter. Did you have one in mind? We were looking at them a while ago and never followed through. The reverse osmosis water makes good tea and DH loves tea. Speaking of DH, for the last 2-3 weeks FIL has been between hospice and relative recovery. It's been just miserable and I wish they would just let the inevitable happen; sometimes modern medicine needs to but out.

Happy Aniversary Jeanette!

Debra I hope you are feeling better.

Laurie hi!

Tracy

Kenpo X done. Boy did that start out slow. I thought at first I had put in the Stretch w/o and then I remembered I had heard Tony even mention Kenpo. The w/o kinda sneaks up on you. Another doable cardio w/o. Hope I don't lose any endurance.

Quiet day at work. Came home and after dinner let DS run through the sprinkler it was so nice out. He ended stripping right down to his undies - it was fun to watch. What other time in your life can you run around outside in your underwear.:p :p :p

Hope everyone had a nice day. Talk tomorrow.

Hi all,
Had a nice time golfing. Some good and bad hits. Oh well. Didn't get my walk in this afternoon as I had an unexpected meeting.

Tracy, nice to hear from you. Did you go on vacation yet? How's work going?

Patricia, I liked KenpoX okay. I bought weighted gloves and that helped in the intensity dept. Focused on core more too. LOL about your son running around in his underwear. How was the site tour?

Wendy, what's up today?

Jeanette

Went to PT, Ethics/Communications class and watched Project Runway. It's after midnight and I finally have a moment to chat!:)

My PT. First impression. Paul is old and wise. When he saw who my doctor was, he only had the highest praise for Dr. Emper's work. He went into more detailed examination of my shoulder ROM. He didn't find any superficial tendonitis. I tried explaining how any kind of upper body triggers additional inflammation and more direct sharp pain in the "button" of my shoulder joint. When he checked my ROM, I was really surprised to see how limited I am at the top end of certain movements. He said that he didn't think that tendonitis was my main issue. My main issue is my fibrous capsule.

The game plan is to increase blood flow to the capsule using heat and therapeutic ultrasound before strengthening and stretching exercises. He is very confident that I will regain full range of motion. He is very supportive of me going to a massage therapist weekly. He even asked for recommendations for his other clients.

I asked him about shoulder impingement. He said that calcium deposits would have shown up on the X-rays indicating shoulder impingement. I asked about the difference between ultrasound and electrodes. Apparently, electrodes only help to take the pain away momentarily, but it doesn't heal like ultrasound.

I had to leave halfway through PT to get to my first Ethics/Communications class. Because they are treating both shoulders, PT will be 2 hours per session!!!! That's up to 6 hours of PT a week!!!:eek:

I spoke with my teachers at school about the PT session. They asked me which muscles were affected with the fibrous capsule. Good question! So, I showed them the exercises where I had limited ROM. They immediately told me it was my delts. Yep. Patti told me that already!!!

Goodness, I LOVE massage school!!! The other students are really cool. They are all at different stages in life. One lady is retiring from her government job next year.

Where is Debra!!!! I hope she knows that I have to practice on her all week!!! When I come back, I have to give my teacher make-up massages to show that I learned how to do the techniques they covered during my absence. Thank goodness, Patti and Rulan will be at the shore to teach me the techniques during vacation!!!

Enough about Me Me Me...

Tracy: It's sooo good to see you stop by!!! Reverse Osmosis Filter --Phil and I haven't made a decision on which brand to buy. We were considering the self-contained unit they sell at Lowes. However, I still need to research the different brands. We can't afford to install one for the entire house -- that's the plan for next year. I am so sorry to hear about your FIL's fluctuating health. It's so painfully difficult watching them struggle. It's got to be an emotional roller coaster! HUGS!!!!

Patricia: Kenpo and L&B were workouts that got HARDER the more I did them!!! I remember towards Phase 3, I couldn't walk without glute DOMS after those back to back workouts!!! Hmmm, running outside in your underwear... Well, depending on who you ask, I'm sure you'll get different answers. I can just guess what Eoin would answer.}( :+ Our driver's license expires the month of our birthdays. Car registration goes by date of purchase like Jeanette. No, I didn't lock my luggage like I normally do. But, I didn't think it would be an issue. It wasn't like I was flying into Bangkok where you HAVE to lock everything down. And, that doesn't even work all of the time.

Jeanette: Did you ride in a golf cart or walk tonight? I think you did fine with cardio fusion. The PT told me to be very careful with bike riding. He wants me to stick with step and walking for the time being. joy. Massage class averages to be 6 hours a week (~1 hour of lecture, 1 hour to get massaged, and 1 hour massaging your partner).:) Your mother is BRAVE!!! I think I would cry if my hair turned out flaming red!!! Was it a look she was trying to achieve???? I hear you about the economy. I will have to massage two people a month to pay for my student loans next year!!! I'm so happy that the MyChelle products are working for you! I really think I got a contaminated batch of samples since one of the bottles leaked during transit. Maybe your children will surprise you and the Captain with a weekend get-away for you 30th anniversary! Start dropping hints now!:7 ;)

Tomorrow is my massage. :) Patti is meeting me earlier for her scalp massage.

Chat more tomorrow.

Sweet dreams!
Wendy
;(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.