Watercooler Weekend

Looks likes it's going to be quiet here this weekend. I hope Kim is finding lots of deals in the US! Debra is playing with CBL on her childfree weekend. Laurie is shuffling her children all over the place. And, Jeanette is helping the Captain clean the camper between century rides.;)

I'm going to study and do some math with the girls. I may do CC this afternoon to jump start my Tuesday start into lifting.

Wendy

Good morning,
I did do a workout last night. It was a Step Blast/SJP circuit premix. Fun. Seems like I've been stuck on SJP a lot lately. It's fun for me. Haven't worked out this morning but will probably do something tonite. I have a golf lesson this afternoon. Haven't had one for a couple of weeks and could use some help on my short game. I also need to tidy up the house a bit, oops forgot about clothes in the washer... and may tackle sealing the pavers. I bought some stuff at Home Depot on Thursday that makes them look "wet", instead of dull like a dry river rock. Tomorrow is a group bike ride out of town. Beautiful ride around a lake, with a stop for coffee and a cookie 1/2 way thru.

Wendy, the Captain is still out in the wilds of Wyoming. They did call yesterday and left a message. DS got a shot off (archery) but missed on a bull elk. Hopefully today he will have another go at it. Which CC are you doing today? Are you starting a lifting rotation? I might join you on something like that.

Kim, hope you are buying lots of snazzy stuff!

Debra, how was Spirit Day? LOL, hope the International Airport isn't too packed! Give Julia a hug for me.

Where's Patricia? Did she go on a vacation too?

Laurie?

Weather is turning cooler and I noticed that some of the leaves are turning, which I think is pretty. Reminds me that we need to schedule our Fall Color Bike Ride in October.

I'll try to check in later and see what's going on.

Just finished Eoin's Blissology August 26th podcast. Ahhhh! I missed yoga!!!! I didn't realize just how tight and grisily my body is.

Jeanette... I was thinking of doing CC 1 or 2 after I finish math lesson with the twins. Being the lazy Xer, I like the short, sweet ones.;) I will have to follow it up with another short, sweet yoga practice. I'm not sure which rotation I'll do. I'll probably do premixes until I build my strength/endurance back. Got any ideas? I'm going to buy X+ from Debra. So, I'd like to do a rotation of it soon. Oh, I must have missed when they were coming home. When are they coming home? When they shoot an elk?:eek::eek::eek: You are keeping yourself busy while the Captain is away. When another neighbor's wife went away, he play and played until the day before she came home. We felt so bad for him that we had to help him get his Honey Do List done. :D

Patricia... Are you busy getting settled back into a routine?

Time to start on math.

Wendy

Wendy,
I hope they call before they come home so I too can hit the list!!! LOL!!! Wouldn't be fair if they didn't:eek:. Actually, I just finished the dishes AND I sealed the pavers. I had to go buy a hand sprayer (pump kind) so that I could do it. The old one we have hasn't been used in so long, I couldn't get the top off. The pavers look really nice now. They were so dull and OLD looking. Hope the shine on them lasts for a while. I like CC#1 and CC#2 too. I mean, how fit do we have to be cardiovascularly? It seems like the more you do, the more you HAVE to do. I'm not going for it. I always wonder about people that are doing 10-11 miles or more on a regular basis, just to keep the weight off. Could be because their bodies have adapted. I can see doing it if you have a competition coming up, or if you enjoy it, but if you feel you HAVE to do something to keep weight off, well, makes me tired just thinking about it. I'm going to make sure that when STS comes out, it will definitely be a "shock" to my system.

Better go move some sprinklers and get ready for my golf lesson.

BBL tonite.

Good Weekend Coolers:

Sorry I've been a bit MIA. We've had some computer issues at work and then just busy at home. I've kept up will all my w/o. Lets see it would have been Chest & Back and ABX yesterday and Kenpo today. My legs and especially my BUTT is sore. That BUTT that apparently is getting huge according to DH. He's lucky and didn't repsond to that comment as thats like calling the kettle black.:mad:

Went thru my closet today and donated several bags of clothes. Been getting the flower garden ready for winter. It's turned COLD here.:mad:

DH just called that dinner is ready - check fajitas.:):p

Will BBL for personals.

Had a good golf lesson today. After that, played 9 holes (walking). No workout for me today, but I do have a good bike ride planned for tomorrow.

Patricia, glad you could get on here. Legs & Back, along with KenpoX and PlyoX kept my legs pretty darned sore while I was doing the X. What? Your DH told you your butt was huge? Mine would be paying big time for that.
1.gif
Of course, he won't say anything because I'll just tell him how big his gut is :p. Doesn't seem to bother him a bit (having a beer belly). Lots of guys don't seem to be too bothered about that kind of stuff, in fact, I think some of them are kind of proud of their bellies. They are from Mars.

Hope everyone gets a good night's sleep. I think I'm pretty well caught up on sleep as I haven't felt the need for a nap in the last few days.

Morning All

Up and made pancakes and had my 2 cups of Java already. Just relaxing and watching our Coronation St. Nice change from being on the go lately. Will have to get StretchX in sometime today.

Jeanette - I just rolled my eyes :rolleyes: up at DH with that rat comment. Sometimes he says things just to try to get my back up. My DH will be gone for about 3 out of the next 5 weekends. I can be sure I won't be doing any honey do list during that time:D:D Hmm, sometimes I wonder about your stamina between all your golfing and bike riding. I don't think i would be able to keep up with you :):) But yes I do agree with you, when is enough enough? Even working out 6-7 days a week at an intermediate level gets more worn out. Where are the days of 4-5 days a week? With rotations that almost seems like a thing of the past.

Wendy - I can see where I might be subbing Eoin for Tony over the next few months. :D:D I see that the X+ are shorter. Will definetly have to take a look at those myself in the new year. I wonder if he is less in your face in those too. I'm liking him in the X but didn't like him in the one P90 that I tried. Whats the math subject you're teaching right now? I hear they teach it really different then when we were in school.

Trying to decide what to do today. May try to arrange for a playmate to come over for DS this afternoon.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Hello Ladies,

I'm going to do some rotator cuff exercises today. CC#1 was perfect!!! I did my own little flow after it was over. Last night Phil massaged my back. This morning I woke up sore! Not DOMS sore. Tonight I have a massage scheduled. Tomorrow morning I have my test massage.

Jeanette... I think we all learned that too much cardio was counterproductive after finishing the X. I also think too much of anything can be counterproductive. I've been blessed that the only weight gain I get these days is during TTOM. My weight shot up a few pounds and leveled back down again this week. If anything my bf% has shot up... not the weight. I want to get to the point where I maintain my bf%. I'm amazed with everything you accomplish in a day!!! I hope the Captain realizes what a catch you are!!!

Patricia... I can't fire back at dh if my butt gets huge. But, he'd never tell me that it was. Phil says there are certain things you don't tell woman unless you want to be in the doghouse.:D Don't worry. It's probably just fluid retension. It seems to affect me when I'm building muscle. It'll go away during your rest weeks and when you're finished with the rotation.

Okay ladies, off to spend some time with dh and start on my shoulder work.

Wendy

Good evening,
Just got back on here and it's time to head for bed. I had a problem on computer so ended up running a checkdisk, which took a long time.

Our bike ride today had 6 people (4 guys, 2 women) and we went 45 miles. Beautiful fall day, nice chatting during the coffee and snacktime 1/2 way thru. Love these rides. After that, came home and did some cleanup out on the deck, also mowed the front lawn and did some watering. Took a little time in the evening and practiced in the front yard with my wiffle balls. Came in and did the upper body weight work from BM2. That's a good little burner.

Wendy, how was the shoulder rotator work tonite? CC#1 is a nice one. None of them are easy, but all enjoyable. As I was clearing off the deck and putting some stuff away, I was chuckling about how you helped your neighbor get his list done before his wife came back.

Patricia, mmmmm, pancakes, my favorite! I've done less working out this week and feel leaner. Course I haven't been sitting on my butt all day like I do during the work week at my desk. Have to go back tomorrow, not looking forward to that at all. Glad you can let your DH's comment roll off.

Good night,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.