Watercooler Monday

6Swans4me

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies,

Spent yesterday afternoon at my neighbor's pool. Took yesterday as a rest day. Went to bed at 7:00! May do something tonight if I'm not still cramping.

Hope everyone is doing well and feeling fine!

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Good Morning Coolers

Well, made it into work but would rather be back in bed. I either have a cold or allergies but nothing I do will get rid of my stuffy head along with the headache. Deb - are you sure you didn't pass on your headache to me in T.O.?:p

This is a funny week with Canada Day tomorrow. Some people have today off and will work tomorrow or like me work today and take tomorrow off or take the whole week off. Good day to come to work when over 1/2 the staff is not in actually.

DH drove down to the cottage today to do some work and DS is in pre-school today. I'l probably leave work early partly due to it being so quiet but I've got a good excuse since I'm sick.

Jeanette - if I knew was painting I don't think I'd be working out that day. Painting is enough of a workout especially in the legs and arms. Good for you. Glad you enjoyed your movie.

Hope everyone has a good day. Will pop back in later.

Morning Coolers,

Well I survived the weekend, and dress rehearsal! :D Saturday I was busy getting all our outfits ready for Sunday, so that had me replacing beads on dresses, making sure we had everything packed and most improtant of all that we had something to eat. :9 I did manage to get in Kenpo Cardio+. Sunday I was up at 5am and Cami and I went for a 2m run. It was a very foggy morning, but that dang dog could smell a deer! Good thing that was at about the 1.75 mile mark of our run. So the resistance running I was doing didn't bother me too much. :D :D I'm hoping all the running I have been doing will benifit me for all the walking in a dress I will be doing this weekend. :D

This morning I did Upper Plus, and will do Abs/Core Plus when I get home. I have decided to do another week of the plus workouts, because of the one week that I didn't get any workouts in. Then I will go into the recovery week.

The girls are going down to Chicago tomorrow with a friend, so she is picking them up tonight and they are staying with her. :D So DH and I will have an evening free of children. ;-)

Wendy, I'm doing well and feeling great! I only have to work 3 days this week, so my attitude is on cloud nine or ten. Not sure yet. You sounded so relaxed from your yoga class. :D It is good that you where able to know when your pose was not right. Was checking back on the post and to answer your question about how do I measure distance. There is a program that I found on USATF that has running routes. I find my neighborhood and map out the run. I think the program is yahoo maps, but I could be wrong. We got out cable fixed on Saturday, so I now have Bravo again. I recorded the first episode of Shear Genius, will check out Flipping Out too. So has the Army life changed that DS of yours.

Patricia, Sorry that you are not feeling well. Sounds like your sinuses are giving you grief, since you have such a headache. :( So was that bb game fun! Did you start hitting better? I know you said that you where not happy with the way you had been hitting the ball. I love this week of work also. There seems to be less and less people this week. I even got a great parking spot this morning. :D

Jeanette, How is that air quality for you this morning. I was watching the news, and it sounds like those fires are still giving you all grief. :( Yep Noodles & Co. is a pasta joint. Most of the dishes they serve are not really "healthy". Even the ww pasta dish really isn't healthy, but is sure is tasty! :9 My oldest DD went to the mall with her new BF. She is so excited about this, and I'm happy for her. But you are right, the ups and downs from HS relationships is heartbreaking sometimes. But relationships are something that we have to learn from. "The Boy" as I call him, is very shy, but cute. So the girl has good taste. DH and I have meet his mother, and she is very nice too. DH was working on a cabinet when they drove up, and his '68 Olds 442 was in the garage, and of course "The Boy" really loved the car.

Kim, Hope you are having a great time with your day off!

Have a great day!

Laurie

Just stopping in for a quick hello...I have been catching up on personal emails this morning...and I must vacuum this house before the dust bunnies take over! I am planning on some sort of low impact step with Cathe today...I will see what strikes me when I mosey up that way.

Patricia...
So sorry you are feeling yucky! I promise, it was not me who gave you the headache, since I still have it! Take it easy and have a great vacation day tomorrow.

Laurie...
LOL about 'the boy'!!!!! At least he seems like a good kid...Just think...It could be worse!

Okay...back later for more in depth personals...must act like the house frau I am!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

Let Awe flow through you. Don’t let even the smallest things be taken for granted or grow stale---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Debra, I am so sorry I forgot you! I at least wanted to shout out a hello! :D You are right, it could be worse. So TB now stands for "The Boy" in all my posts. ;-)

Laurie

Busy learning how to color my own hair with professional products. I found a blog a long time ago that also sells the same color products my salon uses. Once I figure out how to color my hair without leaving it orange, I'll save myself at least $120 a month!!!!

Debra: Are you still dealing with headaches?!?! Poor thing!!! Have you called your doctor back yet? I don't how you can deal with the constant pain. You probably forget what it feels like to feel normal. HUGS!!!!!

Laurie: LOL on Cami's scent power. You should do fine with heaving the heavy dress on a hot, humid day. You're so conditioned for such a brutal workout!!!:)

Patricia: Hope you start feeling normal!!!

Jeanette: Thanks for the MyChelle color. I must have gotten a bum package of samplers. UGH. I'm glad you're enjoying your samples. I may drive out to another Whole Foods in my area and see if they have any samples in stock.

I'd like to do a heavy weight lower body workout today. Need to time it with a dose of Advil or Mydol!!!

Okay ladies, back to reading the color chart.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!

Wendy

Back from the cottage. Seems kind of silly to drive home when it was a beautiful hot day. But when spending the weekend with mom and sisters its good to know when enough is enough;-) I find we have a great time for 48 hrs and then people start getting grumpy with each other. The cousins (the 6 kids) are fine, it's the adults that start sniping at each other. Did lots of swimming, and boating. Kids didn't want to try waterskiing, they just want to swim/boat. Went into town to see fireworks on Sat. night. So now we have some time at home as I'm not back to work until Wednesday. Will catch up on personals later.

FYI: There was a email from my friend saying she did her 11 miles on the tm. LOL

Kim

Hi all! Went and had lunch with CBL today...I had one beer and I came home and took a 2 hour nap! Good gracious...I started out with lots of good intentions today, but oh, well! Still need to get my workout in...and I at least got my vacuuming done.

I am going to tackle a couple of personals now, and I will be back later to get to some more.....

Patricia....
Sorry about the stuffy head and headache...A summer cold is never much fun! Sounds like you were starting to get it this weekend since you had a nap with DS on Saturday. How is DS doing?? No more cold for him I hope. WooHoo on winning your game on Friday...You really gave them a stomping! How was the movie?? I don't always think that Matthew McConauhey's movies are stellar acting, but I certainly don't mind watching him with his shirt off for 2 hours! How much more work does DH have on your cottage? I remember when the lakes in Minnesota didn't actually get warm enough to swim in until August...I am so glad to be in the South again! So ignore all of my complaints about the hot weather....lol. I decided to let the post on OD go without incident from me anyway...but I have thought a lot about it over the weekend...and I am still amazed at the way parents allow their children to grow up. There was another post today that I wanted to reply to, but that was about pro-life/choice, etc...and I really decided to stay away from that one...LOL!!!!

Jeanette...
Sorry you guys are having so many fires out your way. CBL told me there are over 11,000 firemen working right on them now. I got another 2 'guns' compliments from CBL this weekend...WTH is up with that?? Of course, it makes me paranoid that my legs aren't looking as good as usual! Probably because I haven't been working them out with weights lately...LOL! The lawns are finally mowed!!! WooHoo!! I am sure they will need mowing again next week...lol! Nice you guys got together with friends at the lake...and it's true...It doesn't matter the setting if you are spending time with good company! Sounds like you got a great burn with BG yesterday. I bet you are feeling it today! I wish I could do some weighted legs...or even legs from the X, but I am afraid of hurting myself...so I am going to keep up with only yoga for my legs for the next couple of weeks. I will explain about the neighbors some other time...I am still hopping mad right now, so it is best not to get me on a rant!

Okay...That's 2 down...and I'm not sure how many left to go! I will be back after my workout..

kisses to all.....
Debra

Let Awe flow through you. Don’t let even the smallest things be taken for granted or grow stale---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Okay...finally got my workout done...I ended up doing he step blast premix from LIC...I feel older and older every day! My knee was bugging me, as well as my back and hamstring/glute...UGH! It's he!! being over 40!

another personal or 2......

Laurie....
Poor TB! It seems that you and DH have put the fear of God into him! LOL about the texting...those bills can certainly add up. Hope DD has got lots of extra money! Nice to know his mother was around for the trip to the mall. It sounds like you guys had a busy weekend...So I guess you start the faire for the summer next weekend? Good for you for getting all of your runs in...I know that will help with your managing that incredibly heavy dress this summer. It has been in the 90's here...I guess that is why our faires don't happen until the fall! How are you liking the Plus workouts? Good you guys get a child free night...Those are always good once in a while. Is Cami still going to puppy daycare a couple of times a week? I guess the new critter sitter is working out, too.

Kim...
Nice to see your posts! Congrats to DS for his awards! He must have been excited. My DD isn't into sports either...luckily at her school they grade PE on effort...and she does try...this coming from the girl who says that soccer is too much running for her...LOL! At least my DD likes dance...and she is starting to do much better with her swimming too. WTH?? An 8 mile run on your rest day?? Are you crazy or something?? I definitely had a nice weekend..I guess you holiday this week, too. We have some plans for the 4th here...but just at the house with some fireworks and homemade peach ice cream. School starts for me on August 18th or so. I have 2 classes plus a lab this fall. LOL about your 11 y/o DS not being slightly interested in the b and b talk! My DD has been very curious as to where babies come from...so I just gave her the very basics, and no more questions since then. Hope you had a good time at the lake this weekend. Have a nice couple of days at home before heading back to work.

Okay...I am off for a bit to watch a movie that I have had from Netflix for a while...Wendy...I promise to catch up with you later this evening!

kisses to all!
Debra

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

My, my I take a break from the web and everyone goes to see Eoin!!!!!

I am soooo jealous!

Hey girls, It's been crazy around here with the boys at home all of the time. I have resorted to turning off the computer because it's the only way I'll steer clear:p Not much going on here but life. I sure miss our daily chats. It got to be so much though that I dreaded the time it took as I am the slowest typer on the planet, you know the hunt and peck version:p Somebody should have taken typing in school.

July is a busy month around here so I'm afraid it will be more of the same for me. Birthdays, 10th anniversary and parties are the order of the day. I feel a bit like Debra's meez right now:D

Miss you all tons and hope all is well. Now no more Eoin trips without first notifying me;)

Kisses to you Debra, Jeanette, Wendy, Laurie, Patricia and Kim!!!!

Nicole

Feel the burn!!!
070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Hi ladies,
No workout for me this morning, rest day. I did do a walk during my break. Tomorrow will be a cardio workout, then biking in the evening. Tonite I had some errands to run, then cleaned out the camp trailer. Our camping plans have changed due to the fires so we are taking the camp trailer instead of staying at the cabin. It's all good. We'll be leaving Thursday morning and will be gone until Tuesday.

Wendy, hope those cramps are gone. I'm due for TTOM any time now too. Hope I get it over with before leaving for camping, not that it's really much of an issue. So did you color your hair yet? Mine looks soooooooooooooooooooo bad right now. Appointment isn't until the 10th and that can't come too soon. My face looks so much better today when I looked into the bathroom mirror at work that has the bad light. I'm just using so many different products that I can't tell what's making the difference LOL! Hope you can find some more samplers. They really give you quite a variety to try out.

Patricia, hope you got some rest today and are feeling a little better. I had the cold/allergy earlier this year. Was no fun. There were times I had so much junk in my throat from post nasal drip, I had to sleep with my mouth open or I thought I'd choke.

Laurie, sounded like you had a very good run yesterday morning with Cami. Yes, it's smoky out right now. It just varies during the day. It might be just a little smoky in the morning, then the wind direction changes and in comes the smoke. Our camping plans changed due to one of the fires. Just hoping we don't get more lightning as it always causes more fires. The pasta place sounds delish! I'll have to see if there is one in Reno, NV, which is our nearest big town. The Boy sounds like a nice kid. I wouldn't have thought your DD would pick anyone but a nice guy.

Kim, glad you had a good time at the cottage. LOL about getting on each others nerves after about 48 hours. Glad your friend got her 11 miles in, but on a treadmill? Oh my!

Debra, woohoo on the "guns" comment!!! I do like my arms. Now my lower body, sigh. You are right, I was feeling B&G today, especially in the glutes. The walk during my break helped me get some of the soreness out. That darned grass is growing again. Can't it just stay looking freshly mown for a change? Sheesh. You've got me curious about the neighbors. Whatever could they have done to make you so mad? Hope you can tell us soon. The homemade peach ice cream sounds so fresh and tasty. We might do homemade ice cream too. We have a generator so could make it out in the woods using an electric maker. Really roughing it, huh?

Nicole, so very nice to see you on here. Wish you could have gotten to go to the yoga workshop. I think they learned a lot. Hope life is going well for you, though busy I'm sure.

Must get to bed now,

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.