Warning for Shakeology Users

mrsprincess07

Cathlete
I saw this blurb on Dr Oz. I am not sure how credible it is, I'm not a fan of his show and I don't know if he has a reputation that can be trusted. However for Shakeology users, this might be worth looking into.

He had an expert of some sort on his show that tested various protein powders and found that Shakeology has lead contamination. I don't remember if it was the chocolate or greenberry however. Something like 2-3x over the recommended limit. I think they also said it also had either more carbs or calories in this particular brand as well- over and above what was on the label.

If you are a user, check into this. Especially those that might share them with their children or ingest these while pregnant and/or Breastfeeding.

I have recently become a fan of fitnessblender.com and have watched some of their videos.

One of them was very interesting, they basically said that we don't need protein powders, we get enough protein in our diets as it is. They said if any "fitness professional" tries to get you to buy their protein supplement, you should run the other way. What they said really resonated with me. After all, our problem is not that we don't get enough protein is it? It's that we are too heavy and need less food in general than we consume!

fitnessblender.com is a very interesting website. I too am a fan. The work they do is fantastic and the workouts rock! It can also be very informative as stated above.

This sounds interesting. I'm checking out this recommended site after work. Can you give any other info about it to hold off my curiosity until then???:D
-Jen

Fitnessblender.com is a very quality website created by a classy couple who regularly post full workouts ranging from strength training, Hiit, Tabata, kettle bell, etc... They decided to do them all for free because there was no quality website out there that offered good, safe, educated workouts for people for free.

Of course, there is always body rock.com. But I have grown weary of them and their occasional foul language, nudity, and general lack of class sometimes :confused: (just my opinion)...while they still can give some pretty good workouts, I am just enjoying fitnessblender.com and their total professionalism and lack of drama!

I wanted to share for those who are looking for a protein powder w/o lead & other icki-ness...try Tera's Whey. It's expensive. But it tastes delicious. I like protein powder because it just helps me get into the nutrition/fitness/health mindset (so basically for psychological reasons lol). FoodBabe recommends Tera's Whey. Like I said, very expensive but worth it IMO if you really like protein powders & don't mind spending a little extra.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.