want to buy first cathe video

r royal

I've been working out to floor and step aerobics videos for a couple of years and have just now seen all the "stuff" about Cathe's videos. I'm very intrigued and interested in getting started with these, however, as with so many others, I don't know which ones to start with. I also do strength training with dumbells. I don't do well with complex choreography. Which ones would you recommend for a seasoned video person, but someone who has never done a Cathe video? Thanks.

Wedding tape

My first Cathe tape was How to Get in Shape for your Wedding. The step part has easy to follow (for the most part) and fun choreography but is still pretty intense and it also has a separate weight training section that is very good. I've always been glad I started with that tape. It really gives a great introduction to Cathe.

Mega Step Blast is Another Good One

MSB was my first Cathe step tape and I found the choreography to be pretty manageable. It was also a good introduction to Cathe. Good luck!

first Cathe video

My first video was also Mega Step Blast. It took me a few times to get all of the moves, but since then, have had no trouble mastering any other of Cathe's videos. I suggest you not do any other step videos while you're learning Cathe's style. You'll be having fun, so I don't think you'll mind! The trick is learning her style-what she names certain moves (like the horseshoe) and where the front, back, inside, and outside of the step are located. Cathe cues as a mirror (her left leg is your right).

I'm sure you'll be very happy after you get a video and experience it. Cathe's videos are great to use. I had outgrown the intermediate videos and was not able to get a good home workout in on the step until I finally braved a Cathe tape! I wish I'd done it sooner, but when you hear how advanced they are you get worried (I did!).

Have fun! Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.