wanna hate me?little long

ldy_solana

Cathlete
but i think i have almost got some xmas shopping done. i know very VERY early but dh started it LOL. he is rebuilding an old computer for his brother. he used all his b-day money and is saving money from his other paycheck for parts.

for viola we hit some right time right price places(AKA ROSS target dollar storesetc) and a little generous luck from a friend.

all i need is 3 $25 gift cards from my neices and nephew(saves $$ on shipping out presents and they can get whatever the need or want) and starting to work on some plans for teachers. i usually do little dollar tree figurines with a card or something b/c they do work so hard but i can't really afford to do much after everybody else.

well anyway. my scout leader gave me some disney borders b/c i wanted to redo viola's room. bam $20 saved right there. i also want to do a care bear mural and i will be using 2 old care bear calenders to make a collage. bang another $30 saved! she also gave me a small set of foam blocks than i just need to clean off a bit(storage a bit dusty) and now viola has MORE blocks(she just didn't have enough LOL:eek: ).

now all this shopping has been over a 3-3 1/2 week period so this isn't one big shopping trip LOL

ross i found a fabric foldable care bear box for her to store some of her things. i got her a barbie plate/bowl/cup set, a barbie fairy doll, dr. seuss money book, a disney princess book with several stories, a disney princess butterfly chair, hello kitty snow boots,and disney princess flannel sheets.

target had two care bears one was heartsong and one was sweet dreams of the new style care bears and they also had the mini heartsong bear. my mom got the breast cancer awareness one for her so she has all that target had in stock for the meantime.

used at the gaming shop disney princess game for the Wii and summer sports for the Wii. 2 games for under the price of one!

dollar store had a barbie princess for $12(get em while they are hot b/c at that price i don't see them staying!) and i bought 5 generic outfits(is it me or are getting barbie clothes getting a little harder to come by in the 5pk now),4 little disney princess figures,a 3 pack of disney pens with the string to make a necklace out of, and a power puff girl book.

dh picked up hello kity dvd at the collage bookstore but he has credit on his account there.

and i still want to get 3 american girl books based on some recommendations from follow catheites! those are under $30 for 3 of them brand new(did the math ordering used would only save me 5-7 bucks after cost of book and shipping better to buy amazons bundle pack and get the free shipping)

and for the BIG present. A KITTY!!! my scout leader said she would give us one of hers since she takes care of so many animals but if she changes her mind we will still get one but adopt from the animal shelter.

the best part is all of this is, i doubt i cracked $200 on all this!!!!! meanwhile dh is working on the next $300 for the computer. thank goodness he got his b-day money or else i don't think i could redo the computer!

we may throw some clothes in there b/c hey christmas can't be fun until a kid opens some socks!! LOL. like viola would care, she loves it all even if it was just a box.

thanks for letting me ramble.

kassia

ETA to what i actually purchased came to a total of $160 bucks total!:p god i am good!!!

but i think i have almost got some xmas shopping done. i know very VERY early but dh started it LOL. he is rebuilding an old computer for his brother. he used all his b-day money and is saving money from his other paycheck for parts.

for viola we hit some right time right price places(AKA ROSS target dollar storesetc) and a little generous luck from a friend.

all i need is 3 $25 gift cards from my neices and nephew(saves $$ on shipping out presents and they can get whatever the need or want) and starting to work on some plans for teachers. i usually do little dollar tree figurines with a card or something b/c they do work so hard but i can't really afford to do much after everybody else.

well anyway. my scout leader gave me some disney borders b/c i wanted to redo viola's room. bam $20 saved right there. i also want to do a care bear mural and i will be using 2 old care bear calenders to make a collage. bang another $30 saved! she also gave me a small set of foam blocks than i just need to clean off a bit(storage a bit dusty) and now viola has MORE blocks(she just didn't have enough LOL:eek: ).

now all this shopping has been over a 3-3 1/2 week period so this isn't one big shopping trip LOL

ross i found a fabric foldable care bear box for her to store some of her things. i got her a barbie plate/bowl/cup set, a barbie fairy doll, dr. seuss money book, a disney princess book with several stories, a disney princess butterfly chair, hello kitty snow boots,and disney princess flannel sheets.

target had two care bears one was heartsong and one was sweet dreams of the new style care bears and they also had the mini heartsong bear. my mom got the breast cancer awareness one for her so she has all that target had in stock for the meantime.

used at the gaming shop disney princess game for the Wii and summer sports for the Wii. 2 games for under the price of one!

dollar store had a barbie princess for $12(get em while they are hot b/c at that price i don't see them staying!) and i bought 5 generic outfits(is it me or are getting barbie clothes getting a little harder to come by in the 5pk now),4 little disney princess figures,a 3 pack of disney pens with the string to make a necklace out of, and a power puff girl book.

dh picked up hello kity dvd at the collage bookstore but he has credit on his account there.

and i still want to get 3 american girl books based on some recommendations from follow catheites! those are under $30 for 3 of them brand new(did the math ordering used would only save me 5-7 bucks after cost of book and shipping better to buy amazons bundle pack and get the free shipping)

and for the BIG present. A KITTY!!! my scout leader said she would give us one of hers since she takes care of so many animals but if she changes her mind we will still get one but adopt from the animal shelter.

the best part is all of this is, i doubt i cracked $200 on all this!!!!! meanwhile dh is working on the next $300 for the computer. thank goodness he got his b-day money or else i don't think i could redo the computer!

we may throw some clothes in there b/c hey christmas can't be fun until a kid opens some socks!! LOL. like viola would care, she loves it all even if it was just a box.

thanks for letting me ramble.

kassia

ETA to what i actually purchased came to a total of $160 bucks total!:p god i am good!!!

But Kassia, you haven't bought MY present yet! :p

Sparrow

Sounds like you got some great deals!! Gift cards for far away family is great because the holidays are so busy, you can't always visit everyone and like you said, it saves on shipping.

I am done with much of my shopping too, and I love it!!

hey katie always nice to know i am not alone on the early shopping bit. i know times are tough but i still think the shopping season will be busy since many stores plan on slashing prices to get ppl in the doors!!! plus i like to shop early get my bills paid before my big two week lay off in december.

this year we are really trying not to use the credit cards either b/c that is what got us into the mess of high bills in the first place. everything is cash.we have a savings account too but not alot so we are trying to see if we can pull it off without touching it. thank god for dh's second job!!! only two days a week but its been a blessing.

sparrow i could give you the box that viola would have played with if i didn't buy her all the toys! LOL.

i know in a way i spoil her but at the same time i try really hard to do it wisely.

kassia

Kassia, I'm right there with ya! I keep looking at my list, thinking I MUST still have something to buy, but lo and behold, I'm just about DONE! All I'm looking for now is a cute little charm bracelet and charm for my 4 year old neice.

LOVE being done early! Really makes me feel in control!

Gayle

sparrow i could give you the box that viola would have played with if i didn't buy her all the toys! LOL.

kassia

Yay! A box! Woo-hoo! :D Let me tell you that's better than some of the presents DH has given me in the past!!

I'm done with my shopping too. Except for stocking stuffers. I tell you this time of year is nuts. Between end of September and Xmas just in my immediate family we have 3 anniversaries, 9 birthdays, Thanksgiving and Xmas. Ack!

Sparrow

Ha, beat you all. I got done last weekend. I did it in a few shopping trips so it wasn't all done at one time. I have to get it done early because I HHHAAAATTTTEEEEE shopping in stores when there are a ton of people there. I shopped for my two kids, my step daughter, my two nephews, and one neice. All done. Yeessssss!

Good job on the good deals. Every penny counts these days!

Ha, beat you all. I got done last weekend. I did it in a few shopping trips so it wasn't all done at one time. I have to get it done early because I HHHAAAATTTTEEEEE shopping in stores when there are a ton of people there. I shopped for my two kids, my step daughter, my two nephews, and one neice. All done. Yeessssss!

Good job on the good deals. Every penny counts these days!

I HATE shopping, period. Even grocery shopping tonight was such a drag. I haven't done a thing. It's official. I'm a Christmas slug.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.