waistline during/after menopause - is it possible to have one?

RhiannonW

Cathlete
I've lost most of my waistline over the past 1-2 years. With exercise and eating staying the same, is this because of menopausal issues and/or age? I'm 42 and very early menapausal. Is it possible to get it back to where it was before meno?

Thanks for any info.

RE: waistline during/after menopause - is it possible t...

According to [a href="http://www.amazon.com/Outsmarting-Midlife-Fat-Cell-Strategies/dp/0786884126"]Outsmarting The Midlife Fat Cell[/a], this is pretty normal. The author also states that many women get some of their waistline back after menopause, when we don't need nearly as much fat to increase our estrogen levels.

I have no idea if this is accurate, but the explanation works for me! You could always try changing things up with your diet and exercise. That might really help.

I'm 51 now, still having periods, but very close to menopause, I believe...I've noticed that I have to pay strict attention to what I eat nowadays, much more so than in the past, and that when I do gain it goes to a little "spare tire" that I never had problems with before...I always gained more in hips and thighs, and my waist usually stayed relatively small...not as easy these days...I try not to stress over it too much, though...gotta live a little! :)

TerryMia, you don't look even CLOSE to 51! :eek: You look at the very least 10 years younger.

Edited to add: Whatever you're doing, we wanna know!! :7

Okay LaughingWater, you are officially my friend for life! Thank you...you made my day! :)

Yes, the waistline tends to expand a bit. I am 53 and in the past 8 years my waistline has grown from 25 to 26.5 and could grow larger if I let it.

For me it has taken constant surveillance of what I put in my mouth :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.