Vitamix

atompki1

Cathlete
I'm seriously thinking of getting a Vitamix. I would like to try green juices with my family. And it makes soup, which I find totally awesome. And cereal, it can do that too.

Anybody any any experience with green juices(doesn't matter how you make them). I'm looking for tips.

I bought my Vitamix in November from QVC (gotta love Easy Pay!). I have used it every day to make green smoothies. I used it one time to chop carrots, onion and celery for soup. It worked like a charm. All of the pieces were uniform in size and it took all of 10 seconds to chop.

If you do decide to buy it, watch the dvd that comes with it.

I know it is expensive but like the saying goes, "you get what you pay for."

It's amazing! My mom has one and I make smoothies every time I'm over there. You can just add frozen fruit and it blends together real nicely. No need for yogurt and milk, unless you want to of course! I've made some good veggie juices too. Super good. My mom made mayo once too. Way healthy than the store brought stuff. I say get one!

ADORE my Vitamix. Totally agree on watching the DVD - very helpful. Every!Single!Day! I have my green smoothie for lunch. My favorite is 6 oz water, a heaping handful of both spinach and kale, a scoop of Pauline Nordine's Fighter Diet greens, and about 6 strawberries - though blueberries or raspberries are also terrific. In the fall I opted for some freshly baked pumpkin puree with a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice, still with all the greens. SO yum.

Not a single day goes by that I don't use mine. I make green smoothies frequently, and I make almond milk just about every couple of days. I have made loads of soups and nut cheeses in the Vitamix also. There is a Vitamix Enthusiasts group on Yahoo! You can get loads of great info and recipes from there, and the mod also offers discounts, answers everyone's questions, and can get you some good deals on a machine. Good luck with your decision. I can assure you, if you do purchase one, you will be thrilled! :)

Love it

I love it! It's a workhorse. I am insisting on putting it in the car for spring break in Florida because I will need my green smoothies and it works wonders on Margaritas!

Blend Tec is another good one....

I bought one at Christmas time for myself! It jumped right into my cart. LOL!
So far, I really like it, but I haven't sat down and watched the DVD or really put it to real use yet.. We made soup and green smooties in it so far.

I just got one for Christmas...I love it!!!! I have 4 children and it can be challenging to get them to eat their veggies. This has helped out tremendously. Also, if I make more than they can eat, I put them into freezer pop holder and make popcicles. They love it!!

Every smoothie comes out creamy...I bought mine from Costco (I meam my husband did ;)), it came with an extra attachment to make flours too.

Does anyone know of the best price for it and all the attachments?
Thanks

I found it really depends on what you want. I got ordered the VitaMix 7500 last night. It's new. I got it because it comes with the larger container, but still fits under the counter. It is also supposed to be 40% quieter. But I didn't have enough money in my budget to get a dry blade, which I really want at some point. I bought mine direct from Vitamix at http://www.vitamix.com

I've heard you can get them from Cosco as well as Bed Bath & Beyond. The Vitamix site has a list of local distributors if you don't like internet buying. From what I can tell it doesn't matter what model you buy, you will be happy!! Oh and I hear the refurbished ones are also just as good for less money.

Does anyone know of the best price for it and all the attachments?
Thanks
You can use a 20% Bed, Bath and Beyond coupon and save a lot. I waited for the Vitamix presentation on QVC and got a slight discount on QVC's price, free shipping and 5 easy pay.

I bought mine on QVC a year ago this week. One of my best purchases ever - we use it every single day. Most often, I make green smoothies, but we've also made soups, guacamole, and nut butter. But oh, the nut butter is sooooo addictive - don't say I didn't warn you, LOL!

One more thing I haven't read anywhere: I tore up my blade assembly, although it was covered by the warranty. The customer service lady said you need to make sure to put any protein powders in after you've blended the smoothie, because that fine powder can sometimes work its way under the bottom gasket. Just something I wish I'd known.

I bought mine on QVC a year ago this week. One of my best purchases ever - we use it every single day. Most often, I make green smoothies, but we've also made soups, guacamole, and nut butter. But oh, the nut butter is sooooo addictive - don't say I didn't warn you, LOL!

One more thing I haven't read anywhere: I tore up my blade assembly, although it was covered by the warranty. The customer service lady said you need to make sure to put any protein powders in after you've blended the smoothie, because that fine powder can sometimes work its way under the bottom gasket. Just something I wish I'd known.

I have had mine for 6 years, I use it everyday and have always put my powders in with all the other ingredients, guess I'm lucky I haven't had that problem! :)

My sister got her vitamix at costco and raves about it for green smoothies, etc. My mom got the same one at costco.com and had it delivered last fall. It came with the extra, smaller dry blade container, some cookbooks & a dvd.

I use a ninja master for smoothies which is very cheap and, yes, you do get what you pay for. I have to add a lot of liquid like water, soy milk, or fruit juice into my smoothies to get frozen fruit and powders to blend properly. And it leaves behind pomegranate and cherry seeds and sometimes chunks of frozen fruit which is annoying. The ninja master is excellent for making ice chips though.

I'm of course not comparing a ninja master to a vitamix in any way, shape or form. The vitamix is clearly a superior animal and more versatile, but it also costs about $450 more, which is outside of my budget.

Thank you

I'll check out those two places, thanks. That model sounds like the one I want, but the prices do make me think twice.

We just got one and absolutely love it!!! Love being able to eat more veggies. The soups are awesome as well as the smoothies. One of our best purchases ever! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.