Vitamix Vs. Ninja

martijean1

Cathlete
First of all, please know that my $20 blender is OLD and ready for Goodwill (my daughter just started college, and I made baby food in it. Enough said). I don't think I care about the "heating" abilities of the Vitamix. Does a Ninja blend as well? There's a HUGE $ difference! We are looking for it to make smoothies, laundry soap, flour and everything in between. Does a standard size mason jar fit on either of them like a regular blender? -just learned that on Pinterest!-

I have a Vitamix. Love it!!! It's older, and it doesn't heat either. Everything that goes in, is liquefied in an instant. I don't have a Ninja, so I can't compare. I have a grain grinder, so as far as making flour, I don't use my Vitamix for that. Haven't tried a mason jar, so I can't comment on that either. I may try that tonight when I get home. Sorry, I'm not much help. But, I do love my Vitamix.

I bought both in Costco and returned them. Returned the Vitamix twice :DMy stomach was tearing me up with all the raw food and raw soups. I can't be on a raw food diet. And to use it just for blending food, I thought it was way to much money. JMO! So I returned it after 2 weeks. Just a few weeks ago I bought the Ninja in Costco, I figured I give it a try. Unlike the Vitamix you have to clean the blade by hand or in the dishwasher. Either way you have to touch the blade. The first time I washed the blade by hand, I cut my finger really bad. That blade is sharp!! I was afraid to touch the blade the next day. So I had DH clean it for me, lol. I couldn't ask my husband to clean the blade every time I used it, so I returned it. For that reason alone I think the Vitamix is better, you don't have to touch the blade. I also didn't like the smoothies in the Ninja, it didn't blend well like the Vitamix did. My vote is for the Vitamix! A little more money but worst it. JMO! If you have a Costco membership, try both out and see how you like them!

I have the Ninja - liked it better than the Vitamix for sheer $ savings, I will say that Vitamix is built better than the Ninja. I have to handle the Ninja veeeery carefully - lots of plastic interlocks. I had a really nice Cuisanart, too, but wanted the ability to do small smoothies and the blender didn't do well with ice. I always ended up with little chunks :) No chunks in the Ninja! No chunks in the Vitamix either!

Like Belinda said, the blades are SUPER sharp on both. What I do is rinse out the gunk real quick then put a few drops of dish detergent in the Ninja canister with blade still in it, put it back together and run it for like 10 seconds. All clean! No touching sharp blades in the dishwater.

I bit the bullet and bought a vitamix a while back. Best investment ever. It blends everything down perfectly smooth and I use it every single day. I don't use the heating feature either (well except for the time that I got distracted and accidentally heated my green smoothie...gak)

I have a ninja blender too and don't think that it blends nearly as well. I also ended up being cut pretty badly on one occasion when the blade actually slipped out while I was pouring a smoothie and out of pure instinct I reached out to grab it. Vitamix is even sharper, but the blade and canister are one piece. Much safer for a clutz like me (wink)

I loved my Ninja. Notice I said "loved" because I broke two of them. I used them for smoothies in the morning. Killed the motor in the first one after about 6 months. Called customer service, the guy tried to tell me it was my fault, and I was following the instructions, so it wasn't. It was a Christmas gift, so after I fussed and mussed, he agreed to send me a new base for free, and then it took over a month for me to get it because it was "backordered." I highly doubt it was backordered, because they are all over the shelves in the store. The replacement one lasted about a year. Same thing, I killed the motor.

I would love a Vitamix, but can't justify the expense. Although, if you buy enough cheap blenders, you have dang near bought a Vitamix. I ended up getting a KitchenAid 1500 on sale at Kohl's for around $115-$130, and it works even better than the Ninja. I LOVE it.

And yes, the Ninja blades are very sharp and can be a pain to clean. Also, the pitcher for it has a lot of seams, where the handle comes together and the handle meets the body, and is oddly open on the bottom and the handle is hollow. Which means if you're hurrying to get it out the door in the morning, and rinse and don't wash until later, the water gets up in the there with the little food bits you rinsed and funky stuff happens. Even when you do wash right away, water gets stuck up in there. No good.

Nan

I love my Vitamix!!!!! I bought it in February of 2013 and use it almost every day (at least 5 days a week). I had to call customer service once and they were so pleasant and helpful. I love that they are made in America and when you call customer service you get a friendly, helpful person. They are so easy to clean and blends so well. I haven't made much in it mainly because I don't have a lot of time but I use it for smoothies mostly. Everything is blended smoothly even broccoli. No bits of anything floating around.

I bought mine from QVC. They have great deals and most of the time they are on easy pay too. By far the best investment I ever made in terms of a kitchen appliance. They are worth every penny.

Another Vitamix lover here, although before getting one I'd just used Hamilton Beach basic blenders, so I can't give any comparison information. I will say that it's very easy to clean (just had hot water, some dish soap and turn it on) and blends beautifully. I use my 1-2 time a day to make smoothies and like others have said, they've very smooth. This is important to me, because I like my smoothies very icy and thick (as in a spoon stands up in it). The Vitamix does a great job. And, more importantly, is seeming to last, whereas I had been burning out blenders every 7-8 months or so. Hope that helps!

I love my Vitamix 750 which I bought it for my birthday last September. Even if I only used it for smoothies it would have been worth the investment. Recently I started making my own almond milk for my smoothies and you can literally taste the healthiness! I see they have a new, slightly more affordable product now: https://www.vitamix.com/shop/s30.aspx.

First of all, please know that my $20 blender is OLD and ready for Goodwill (my daughter just started college, and I made baby food in it. Enough said). I don't think I care about the "heating" abilities of the Vitamix. Does a Ninja blend as well? There's a HUGE $ difference! We are looking for it to make smoothies, laundry soap, flour and everything in between. Does a standard size mason jar fit on either of them like a regular blender? -just learned that on Pinterest!-

I got a Vitamix years ago and it is my most used kitchen appliance by FAR. Worth EVERY SINGLE CENT.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.